Trying to choose an Ultrasonic cleaner that is not cheap and nasty

Not really sure where to post this, hopefully this will do. I need something with a minimum 5L capacity for tools, toys, PCB's etc.

Has anyone here tried any different brands they can compare? It seems the market is flooded with the cheap 'Vevor' brand units which have fairly poor reviews if you look beyond the ones ending in an affiliate link.

Elma have an excellent reputation, but are very expensive. Hoping to find something in the middle.

Depending on whats' wrong with them and your ability / willingness to repair, there are a lot of "for parts" surgical USC's on ebay. I suspect many of them may work but sellers not wanting to deal with testing them. (seen that before with other technologies)

I'm not sure what you mean by 'nasty'
Leaking tanks, lower than advertised power output, excessive audible noise, and ineffective heating seem to be the most common complaints regarding Vevor. Harbour Freight units sound OK from what I have seen but we don't have them in Australia.

What concerns me is that I suspect a lot of the mid price units here are just re-branded low end machines out of the same factories. The $900 (admittedly bigger 22L capacity) unit looks like a close relative of the cheaper $200 unit below that.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0140M8H80/ref=twister_B0CGVX2PGS?_encoding=UTF8&th=1

there are a lot of "for parts" surgical USC's on ebay
Definitely an option, I have also found at least one Australian manufacturer of lab grade units that sells refurbished units, still a lot more expensive than the cheap ones though:

A side by side comparison of a lab grade vs. budget machine would be very interesting to see what the noticeable differences are in cleaning ability, noise, and so forth.

Back