Turnigy 200 amp esc

andybuff2000

10 µW
Hi, has anybody else had experience of this esc?http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__45162__Turnigy_Trackstar_1_5th_Scale_Sensorless_200amp_8s_Opto_Car_ESC_UK_Warehouse_.html

Im going to be running 8s and was looking at the alien esc but there seems to be reliability issues and i was looking at this as an alternative?

I would think the cruise control could be RPM based and not power input level which would be nice to have.

It's annoying using the cruise control on rolling section and constantly having to trim up and down keep a consistent speed.

Does sensor'd change braking behavior?

andybuff2000 said:
Hi, has anybody else had experience of this esc?http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__45162__Turnigy_Trackstar_1_5th_Scale_Sensorless_200amp_8s_Opto_Car_ESC_UK_Warehouse_.html

Im going to be running 8s and was looking at the alien esc but there seems to be reliability issues and i was looking at this as an alternative?

I'm interested in whatever you find out about this because sensorless ESCs and motors aren't going anywhere, and, much like 6S systems in general, are still a solid build option and are set to only go down in price over time, making them a less expensive solution for somebody who just wants to ride and have fun and is less concerned about maxxed out specs and staying on the bleeding edge. For example, I'm running a sensorless 6S system right now that will stomp the holy crap out of anything Boosted can offer me in both range and speed and does it for a few hundred bucks less and only takes a couple hours to charge fully.

I really like the vesc but didnt think it was in production yet. Also it seems like ill need a bit of technical know how to set it up that i dont have. Its my first build so looking at more plug and play. Its also not easy finding parts here in the UK. Buying from the US and Aus ramps up the cost.

I've used this esc on two boards. One got smoked after about 100miles (161km). The other is still working except for one of the fans. Wasn't really impressed and I did not like the brakes. They were too soft.

Back