Vector bike and frame owners.

fastcrille said:
Hi Guys

My new build ... Vector Typhoon mid drive.
I use LMX 60mm motor and kelly controller 18 s lipo .
Not tried it yet but soon... :wink:

20200712_184114.jpg

What did you do with the swingarm? :D

Vector is a reseller for Eleek frames FYI, though they do interchange some of their components for higher quality variations (Brakes being an example)

Hi Artur,

I am looking at purchasing an e-bike frame from your website, looking at the Vector Typhoon and the Vortex.

Could you please tell me what the difference between these are? From what I can see, the Vortex is 2 kg heavier, and is made for a mid-drive motor.

My DIY bike build will have a rear QS205 V3 hub motor (150 mm frame drop out). I am 70 kg and will be riding alone, but occassionally I may want to take a passanger along (passenger weight is 50 kg). So combined weight may be 120 kg max. Is this suitable for the Vector Typhoon frame? Would this be the most suitable option for me needs?

I will mostly be using the bike on trails, and some on-road usage.

Could you please also tell me how much shipping would be to Auckland, New Zealand (post code 2016).

So I have a vector vortex frame I brought from eBay, few problems. I’m not sure what I need to fit forks on to it and the qs 205 motor I have is standard and not modified. What will I need to, firstly fit the forks and secondly, can I fit a moto drive sprocket to the motor and mount motor to swing arm, seem like the flats are 2mm to small for the swing arm mounts as well. Thanks

I'm looking to buy Vector Light frave, but need "Fat" version.
Can you guys source it from Eleek for me for same price as your 135mm version?
https://eleek.com.ua/en/item/tovar-11-2-1-1-1-1/

Does anyone know what steering bearing cup set to order for the vortex/pozitiff so I can mount forks.

I made the silly mistake of researching and ordering a frame from ELEEK.com.ua

I went into this wanting to possibly become a distributor for either eleek or vector because i have room at my store front to sell these seemingly awesome bikes. But so far I just want to finish this build and sell this before I even ride it get my initial investment out of it.

Started price research back in 9/20 contacted both vector and ELEEK. At the time ELEEK’s prices were better. So I sent them my money and overpaid for shipping. (eleek quoted a lower price to me later when they tried to get me to pay shipping twice) They shipped my bike in dec, 90 days after paying. I received everything mid January. My motor was branded Vector and damaged even though it was wrapped and boxed almost as if it was damaged prior to shipping.

I let that go and ignored it and asked Eleek where the rest of order was? They replied back and sent me a tracking number and said it was already in route. I checked the tracking number weeks later and noticed it was heading to the west coast. Had my post office contacts check and it was never addressed to me in the first place.

And now ELEEK is completely ignoring me a week after I reached out again to just get the headset adapter hardware and the four bolts to mount the rear sprockets. Again I didn’t even ask for the $80 I overpaid.

So if anyone knows what I need to order to get forks on this frame I would greatly appreciate it. I’m not well versed with bicycles. And didn’t expect to be ignored when I’ve been nothing but understanding and forgiving.

I included a photo just Incase I’m using the wrong terminology.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15-ByV-NFlcXYxAuNdgBCE7_LTMNUyUI0/view?usp=drivesdk

Badcopyinc said:
Does anyone know what steering bearing cup set to order for the vortex/pozitiff so I can mount forks.

I made the silly mistake of researching and ordering a frame from ELEEK.com.ua

I went into this wanting to possibly become a distributor for either eleek or vector because i have room at my store front to sell these seemingly awesome bikes. But so far I just want to finish this build and sell this before I even ride it get my initial investment out of it.

Started price research back in 9/20 contacted both vector and ELEEK. At the time ELEEK’s prices were better. So I sent them my money and overpaid for shipping. (eleek quoted a lower price to me later when they tried to get me to pay shipping twice) They shipped my bike in dec, 90 days after paying. I received everything mid January. My motor was branded Vector and damaged even though it was wrapped and boxed almost as if it was damaged prior to shipping.

I let that go and ignored it and asked Eleek where the rest of order was? They replied back and sent me a tracking number and said it was already in route. I checked the tracking number weeks later and noticed it was heading to the west coast. Had my post office contacts check and it was never addressed to me in the first place.

And now ELEEK is completely ignoring me a week after I reached out again to just get the headset adapter hardware and the four bolts to mount the rear sprockets. Again I didn’t even ask for the $80 I overpaid.

So if anyone knows what I need to order to get forks on this frame I would greatly appreciate it. I’m not well versed with bicycles. And didn’t expect to be ignored when I’ve been nothing but understanding and forgiving.

I included a photo just Incase I’m using the wrong terminology.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15-ByV-NFlcXYxAuNdgBCE7_LTMNUyUI0/view?usp=drivesdk

Go here and purchase the DIY kit. It will have every part listed and where to source it.

https://mysuperebike.com/cyber

I was just emailing the whole group from the cyberbike about this exact message I left because someone was saying how they ordered from vector and haven’t had a responded in a while. I already did join the list but it’s too late. I went to a machinist near me and had him fabricate parts so I can mount up yz450 forks on my bike before ladi offered the parts list.

I wish vector and eleek cared about the brand as much as ladi did. This frame/company could be a lot more popular if they did.

Just wanted to Update. Eleek is still ignoring all forms of contact and haven't sent me the parts i have paid for.
Artur has contacted me to sell me the same things I have ordered from his partner. Which I refuse to pay $200 for a headset bearing and than turn around and pay him again for the same thing that was never shipped.

He hasn't informed me which part to order myself either. just offered to take my money.

Does anyone in here want to buy my frame and parts i have invested in it? I would rather buy a Sur ron at this point considering the level of customer service and care that is taken by everyone involved so far.

In span of 3 years i ordered 5 bikes from Artur (Vector) 2 vortex models and 3 typhoon and many parts for both types and cant say one bad word on them, Artur is super responsive to answer all my questions no matter how stupid they are and we always worked out best possible solution for everyone.

Hi guys I'm from Northern California (Fremont, CA) and considering buying either a:

Vector Typhoon (pre-built from Vector)
- Shipped With Battery from Germany
- Shipped Without Battery, then have one built here locally

Or

CAB Eagle
Shipped with battery from Southern California

It looks like these are very similar bikes, but the CAB has less power overall (smaller battery by about 40%) but has the advantage of the dealer being about 5 hours from where I live. If I go just by this thread, Vector's customer service / responsiveness is not stellar.

What's the best option?

I plan on using this bike for commuting (14 miles each direction) and doing some gravel style riding. I also want a powerful ebike so that when friends visit they can use it to join me for hard cycling (road) routes.

cbr shadow said:
Hi guys I'm from Northern California (Fremont, CA) and considering buying either a:

Vector Typhoon (pre-built from Vector)
- Shipped With Battery from Germany
- Shipped Without Battery, then have one built here locally

Or

CAB Eagle
Shipped with battery from Southern California

It looks like these are very similar bikes, but the CAB has less power overall (smaller battery by about 40%) but has the advantage of the dealer being about 5 hours from where I live. If I go just by this thread, Vector's customer service / responsiveness is not stellar.

What's the best option?

I plan on using this bike for commuting (14 miles each direction) and doing some gravel style riding. I also want a powerful ebike so that when friends visit they can use it to join me for hard cycling (road) routes.

I recommend to buy the Vector Typhoon with battery. I could have saved myself a lot of trouble with building my own battery by buying the prebuild batterypack. Looks like the CAB Eagle is just the cheap chinese clone of the frame where the whole thing gets rusty after some time etc. I have my Vector frame now since 6 years and its doing very well. The more prebuilt, the long you will have fun with it. Not worth the trouble / time.

Hello guys!
Our new bike model is ready, now it is in 4th generation prototype.
Main features/differences to our previous models:

1.Frame made out of aluminum
2.Linkage suspension on the rear
3.Motor mount in the middle of the battery
4.Fast replaceble battery
5.Moto seat or bicycle seat options
6.Footpegs or Pedals options
7.2 chain drivetrain and anti squat system for huge torque
8.2 sizes for people 165-180cm and 180+cm

ATM we made battery box big enough to hold 20s15p 18650 cells battery. We use 3t 205 motor as a middrive (same as on Vortex) with Kelly7230s controller.

I cant post photo or video atm as we are in a proces of certification/patenting.

The retail price will be around 7-8k usd.

What are your thaughts? :idea:

Just went to order a spare part and been told minimum order €250!

The freewheel actual fact broke from the first week or two although took me a while actual figure out the intermittent noise. When I could no longer peddle I knew where the noise came from.

Same here! 250 minimum...plus shipping?
I have a typhoon frame I am trying to build out but that 250 min is holding me back/causing me to go elsewhere.
Why is this being done?
What if I need parts not on the website?
Any help appreciated

Hi Artur. You said on the phone you have a link to a video on how to disconnect the motorcable from a Typhoon, so I can take the rear wheel w motor out and take it to a guy who can (hopefully) replace my damaged rim.
I tried to find it on your youtube channel but no luck Can you post it here please?Cheers! Nico

I did eventual get the minimum fee resolved once was the situation was explained. Freewheel was eventual fitted and all good.

After more thousands of kilometres than I recall or logged it’s time for new Tyres. The stock Tyres served well not one puncture and I pulled some big chunky pieces of metal out them include 6mm sqm solid copper wire. That one was an eyebrow raiser.

I got a pair of Pirelli City Demon, tubeless. I rare go off road hence, more suited street Tyre was selected. I ask if the existing wheel rims could be converted to accept tubeless Tyre? No problem installation a tube if a better solution.

F551A964-FBE4-4715-BA8F-4936D0407A9E.jpeg

24D2F68C-2097-4CD2-B8B2-15F36F134A19.jpeg

Just wanted to Update. Eleek is still ignoring all forms of contact and haven't sent me the parts i have paid for.
Artur has contacted me to sell me the same things I have ordered from his partner. Which I refuse to pay $200 for a headset bearing and than turn around and pay him again for the same thing that was never shipped.

He hasn't informed me which part to order myself either. just offered to take my money.

Does anyone in here want to buy my frame and parts i have invested in it? I would rather buy a Sur ron at this point considering the level of customer service and care that is taken by everyone involved so far.
I know this post is 2 years old, but did you ever get the headset or figure out which size it is? Im in the same boat right now, ordered 4 months ago from vector, missing several components on arrival. Contact has been very lacking, they just sent me the rest of the missing parts and this is the headset they sent me...... messaged them 3 days ago and still havent heard back. Hopefully people can see this is a pattern and spend their money elsewhere.

Attachments

• Snapchat-394893336 (1).jpg
    Snapchat-394893336 (1).jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 11
I know this post is 2 years old, but did you ever get the headset or figure out which size it is? Im in the same boat right now, ordered 4 months ago from vector, missing several components on arrival. Contact has been very lacking, they just sent me the rest of the missing parts and this is the headset they sent me...... messaged them 3 days ago and still havent heard back. Hopefully people can see this is a pattern and spend their money elsewhere.
Hi.

Thats the headset bearing for the Typhoon
40x52x8-45/45:

Hi.

Thats the headset bearing for the Typhoon
40x52x8-45/45:
ahh, i still needed the races and everything else , i found this, 1.5 to 1 1/8" adapter Amazon.com

it arrived today and fits perfectly, for anyone else that is looking.

on day 6 with no response from Vector, guess it would have been another 2 months anyways (thats how long it took them to send me the incorrect headset), it would be nice to receive the one i originally paid for though as a backup. i think i now understand why they dont accept paypal. They also sent me the wrong swingarm but i am not even going to waste my time with them anymore.

Last edited:
i havent heard from them since jan 16, but the headset just showed up today via dhl, so at least they came through there. albeit 6 months a 1 day after i ordered the frame, but lesson learned i suppose.

Strange. In general I have no problems with Vector. I am in Europe, Portugal,maybe that makes a difference. We recently located a battery problem,talking to Artur on the phone. I sent the battery to their workshop in Romania, turned out to be oxidation on a connector inside the battery, they fixed it and I got it back. Whole thing took 3 weeks. Cost me transport and a days work, hourly rate.
I dont think Artur follows this site anymore.
I still love my Typhoon. It is supersilent. Drawback: motor can overheat on steep climbs. Not street legal here, so I "pedal" through villages.
The pic is from a 46km ride with total of 1km elevation. At the end of the ride I still had 3 stripes battery left. Climbing goes on a steady 25-35kmh.
Battery brake regen is negligible. Dont count on it. Does help with braking though.
I need the mirrors because I do asphalt roads as well.
I would prefer the rear brake on the left side, my hand tends to cramp up holding brake lever and twist throttle at the same time.
Install a rimlock or ask it when ordering the bike. I had multiple flat tires (broken valve) without it, riding with low tire pressure. Damaged the rear rim. And the (end 2018) tires are chinese crap. I thought I had a twisted rim, put on a quality tire and problem solved.
I am not very tecnical and taking out the rear wheel was quite a job. Turned out, that my local biker shop could not replace the rim, because the wheel with the motor does not fit in their equipment.
Oh, and a thing they dont show nor tell in instruction videos: you can just turn the bike upside down, like one would a bicycle for changing a tire. Nothings gonna leak out...

Attachments

• GEDC3126.JPG
    GEDC3126.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Back