Water Bottle Battery .. bmsbattery.com

Got one of these batteries too. I shorted it while connecting (my mistake). So changed the fuse (20A) but the battery output was still to 2V instead of 42V. It seems the BMS has blown too :(

So be gentle with this battery, the fuse can't do all, at least it was useless for me.

Edit : I've ordered a replacement BMS at http://www.bmsbattery.com/bmspcm/391-10s-lithium-ion-bms-for-bottle-battery-case.html but this one seems to be without the DC-DC converter for USB output plug.

Edit2 : The factory installed 20A fuse didn't even blown ! So it doesn't protect the BMS ...

Ypedal said:
The batter ships without Discharge wires, not sure of the logic behind that one, maybe a way to blame the user if the pack don't work.. .. hmm..

file.php

The logic behind might be you can integrate this controller directly in the battery holder :
36v-s06p-integrated-controller-for-new-bottle-case.jpg

http://www.bmsbattery.com/controller/578-36v-s06p-integrated-controller-for-new-bottle-case.html

So what do you think so far? Did you get what you paid for? From the testing you have done thus far it looks like it's delivering on capacity, and overall the packaging isn't perfect but will work for most people...

I like small light 36v batteries, and I had thought of getting a BMSbattery bottle battery a while back, but when I asked about the C rate, they told me it was 1C. I actually found something on their web site that indicated 0.8C for these batteries. Dang. I figured they would have significant voltage sag, and a short life span. There is no motor out there that will run well on 8amps maximum. Running batteries at or near their maximum current is a recipe for short battery life.

After doing lots of research, and emails with EM3ev, I plan on getting one of the EM3ev frame batteries. It looks to be a quality alternative with some reliable batteries that should last longer and provide adequate power unlike the standard BMSbattery type bottle battery. This photo looks to be taken on a very small frame that probably makes the battery look a little bigger than it is. Paul is still working on the design, so its not on the market quite yet.

More information on this type of battery is at the end of this thread:
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=49691&p=823426#p823426

And a photo of a prototype:

Awesome. Thanks for this review. I thought maybe parallel 2 of these. Might free up some mounting possibilities.

chas58 said:
Really, at 10 amps max current (maybe with some short higher peaks)? I have heard of people having voltage sag issues. Not sure how noticeable that would be.

Does someone sell the bottle without the batteries and put your own batteries in it?
Yes, bmsbattery.com sell the empty shells.

cybug said:
Got one of these batteries too. I shorted it while connecting (my mistake). So changed the fuse (20A) but the battery output was still to 2V instead of 42V. It seems the BMS has blown too :(

So be gentle with this battery, the fuse can't do all, at least it was useless for me.

Edit : I've ordered a replacement BMS at http://www.bmsbattery.com/bmspcm/391-10s-lithium-ion-bms-for-bottle-battery-case.html but this one seems to be without the DC-DC converter for USB output plug.

Edit2 : The factory installed 20A fuse didn't even blown ! So it doesn't protect the BMS ...

if the fuse did not blow, and the BMS is now turned off, it does seem like the BMS did function and prevented the fuse from breaking. have you tested the BMS or just decided arbitrarily that it is dead? is there a picture of the BMS? can you measure the gate voltages on the mosfets?

can you measure the gate voltages on the mosfets?

Seriously man ?... you do this all the time, giving advice that less than 1% of the members on this forum can follow... myself included.

Do us all a favor, make a video detailing how to do these things and post it, so that when you suggest something of this nature, you can point to the instructions for the average joe... otherwise.. it's nothing but a futile effort in frustration.

Ypedal said:
can you measure the gate voltages on the mosfets?

Seriously man ?... you do this all the time, giving advice that less than 1% of the members on this forum can follow... myself included.

Do us all a favor, make a video detailing how to do these things and post it, so that when you suggest something of this nature, you can point to the instructions for the average joe... otherwise.. it's nothing but a futile effort in frustration.

Well, yes. But he did say ' can you ' ........ The answer then opens up 2 different routes.

Back