Which + terminal on KLS 8080i

jai134

100 W
On my KLS controller there is a 200A fuse across the + terminals. One red terminal markt B+ and one grey markt +. I am not sure which one I shall connect to the battery +. I think that if I connect to the wrong terminal I bypass the fuse. Is that correct and which one should I connect to?

Use the B+ terminal, it is for the battery positive to go to.

The other terminal is the internal B+ terminal, which the fuse passes your B+ connection to.

amberwolf said:
Use the B+ terminal, it is for the battery positive to go to.

The other terminal is the internal B+ terminal, which the fuse passes your B+ connection to.

Thank you!

Well, that wasn't correct. Battery should be connected to terminal markt +, NOT B+ in this case, if I connect to + the fuse is not in use.

That's what I thought, too - but since I am a beginner, I didn't want to contradict amberwolf's opinion.

The chinese habit of not having consistent markings did inhibit me, too.

On my KLS controller, the screw with the red marking is labelled B+,
and the other one (where the battery + should be connected) with "NC".

Oh, sorry :oops: the old used kelly I have here (forget which model) uses the B+ terminal for the battery connection (inside the box that terminal is not connected to anything, but the other one is connected to the controller's internal B+ bus). And the fuse goes from that B+ to the other terminal.

(It also has a B- terminal for the battery negative, and then it has an external shunt from there to another - terminal that goes to the internal B- bus).

And anytime someone knows better than me (or anyone else), you should never hesitate to post the correct info. :) It's not like I've never been wrong before. :lol: :oops:

I got different answers from You and a friend so I checked with the man at miromax who sold the controller to me. Problems solved :)

I have also seen one conversion kit seller with pictures indicating the battery connected to the wrong end of the fuse so always find some way to verify. The way it was shown(battery to B+) would have bypassed the fuse for sure. In pic here red wire is battery positive lead for the 8080IPS to include fuse use. It also comes from factory tightened and with red mark to indicate it is done at that end of the fuse, while the other end is hand tight.

Attachments

• IMG_0444.JPG
    IMG_0444.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Back