Which version of the forum GUI would you prefer?

a

Definitely A, because I like to see the OP and the last user to respond. Also, most other forums are displayed in this manner, so it is very familiar.

A, because it has information required for what I do, and that information is missing from B.

If there was a version without any of hte avatar icons, I'd like that (can't block them from displaying in XF even with various adblockers/etc, except by blocking each individual one in each way it can be displayed, which is a hell of a lot of work and time).

If it weren't for looking for information, I'd prefer a cleaner much more closely-spaced look, but since I need at least some of the info presently displayed, pretty much where it already is...still have to go with A.

Last edited:
Definitely A, because I like to see the OP and the last user to respond. Also, most other forums are displayed in this manner, so it is very familiar.

If possible, can you please elaborate on why seeing who the OP is is important? And the same for why the last user to post is an important piece of info?

So you can recognize if someone you follow has posted recently. I don’t think we get notifications for new posts from followers. At least, not on other sites I visit.

These are enabled by default, AFAIK

Content options
  • Automatically watch content you create…
    • and receive email notifications
  • Automatically watch content you interact with…
    • and receive email notifications
These are all of the optional notifications:
  • Receive a notification when someone…​

Posts in a watched forum
    Replies to a watched thread
    Quotes your message
    Mentions you in a message
    Reacts to your message
    Posts on your profile
    Mentions you in a profile post or comment
    Reacts to your profile post
    Comments on your profile or status