wich safety device to add to this module and what are the general steps

sharinginfos

100 W
hi
There seems to be a short cut to building a battery for those able to get a module like this one

they are already spot welded in place so i imagine that this is a short cut already done step. how easier does starting with a module like this is ? is it really faster or is there some cell dissasembling to do

1 apart from adding a bms what is there to add to add safety feature or usefull feature while being in there?

2 do each cell needs to be tested? how and what parameter to respect

3 is balancing steps required?

4 what should one be aware of before starting with such a module?
thanks
im a noobish but read alot

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    551.7 KB · Views: 2
I would first measure all the cell group voltages. This will tell you if you have any bad cells. Anything below 3v would be suspect. Anything below 2v is likely toast. Once you verify all the cells are good, I would recommend using a BMS made for LiFePO4 that's rated for about 2x the current you expect to be using. The BMS will prevent over charging and over discharging of the individual cell groups.

ok bms to each cell or to paralle group?
any other safety device or
device to monitor how the cells are doing once the battery pack is closed to suggest?

The BMS you want is a single circuit card that connects to all 16 cell groups, like this one. Add "DIY" as a coupon code when you order. and you get 5% off the total,

You can also find them on aliexpress, but it's a guessing game.

The BMS you want is a single circuit card that connects to all 16 cell groups, like this one. Add "DIY" as a coupon code when you order. and you get 5% off the total,

You can also find them on aliexpress, but it's a guessing game.
HI how is a single circuit card diffenrent from other bms that also have wires to all 16 parallele groups?

I read that people find it usefull to ba able to read (some save) data from each parallele group battery reaction tables chart or like to have usefull info like that maybe precise voltage at wich it is atm . Is this a fonctionnality of only certain bms
or can it be a independent device to read this stuff.

Back