Will America go to war with Iran?

Will America go to war with Iran?

• Yes. In order to protect the intrests of this nation and its allies we will be forced to take decisi

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Yes. We can't allow one nation to dictate their policies to the world with a threat of Nuclear attac

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Yes. 'Cause MW3 was so cool. It'll be just like that, right?

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • No. the UN's sanctions against the Iranian goverment will prove usefull and bring things under contr

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • No. The Iranian people will overthrow their goverment before things get out of hand.

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • No. Its a "police" action.

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • No. Because Obama is a Pu[CENSORED]y.

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wineboyrider, are you serious? Last time I checked there were 2 revolutions (or civil wars) in N Africa and several more brewing in the Middle East. The political instabilty is much greater out there. All we have is 2-bit Occupy.

RTLSHIP said:
Wineboyrider, are you serious? Last time I checked there were 2 revolutions (or civil wars) in N Africa and several more brewing in the Middle East. The political instabilty is much greater out there. All we have is 2-bit Occupy.
Yes, have you checked how many rights we have left? NDAA essentially give the president the authority to execute Americans on US soil without a trial and indefinitely detain Americans of being accused of being a terrorist, because people like you are afraid of Iran. War is fodder for Tyranny. 8) 8) 8)
Just like we think that the Mullahs are controlling Iran (they are) the Bankers control us, because the weapons are made to control us.
http://news.antiwar.com/2012/02/08/congress-passed-bill-to-proliferate-drone-use-in-us-airspace/
Iran can use our Constitution since, we don't use it any more :( :( :( :(

Iran is not a problem. America has the atomic bomb. Israel and China, Russia, Japan also.These things are incorrectly displayed. Why can not Iran have the bomb? Why do others have the right to bomb? I think that everyone (colonizers) wants Iranian oil. But oil can bake. :) And one more thing. China is a problem for the western world. China produces cheap things, the workers have no protection at work, unions. Our businessmen have moved production to China. The Japanese also do much, Malaysians, Taiwanese ..... Western worker produces little, a lot of searching. And one more thing .... when you drive your car into a service, you pay 40 or more dollars per hour of work. How much of that money gets a car mechanic? More than half of the money went to the owner, state........ I think that is wrong with greedy corporations, bankers and government. Also here for me in Croatia. Plod bad days await us.

I'm not afraid of Iran. You are expansive about what I (and others) print. I would be concerned or afraid about weapons in wrong hands. The current Pres. of Iran is make believe bad.
If you can agree that Iran is not a real problem, then maybe it is just a make believe problem by the media.

RTLSHIP said:
I'm not afraid of Iran. You are expansive about what I (and others) print. I would be concerned or afraid about weapons in wrong hands. The current Pres. of Iran is make believe bad.
If you can agree that Iran is not a real problem, then maybe it is just a make believe problem by the media.
I am not trying to put words in anyone's mouth, but for the record the only country that has ever used nuclear weapons in war is the United States. FACT: Iran wants a nuclear weapon, because Israel has hundreds of them which they made from stolen yellow cake and which the rest of the world did nothing about. FACT: We have bases all around Iran and soon we won't be able to afford them anymore. Empires collapse quickly and we still have GOP candidates like Newt Gingrich talking about moon bases.....WTF?

I saw some of that Florida debate and the moon talk was just that, moon talk. probably an attempt to get votes in Florida primary. Also, the moon base was to be primarily a private sector undertaking. Newt seemed to say it was something the USA or privatye sector would have tried if it still had a 1960's optimism. But that's just debate talk so far. FACTS are not rational by themselves and have to be considered in light of the totality of things at that time. They are relative & conditional. They don't just stand alone. not absolute or independent

Is anyone here old enough to remember August 29, 1949? I am, and I remember we called them fanatics, too. Should we have gone to war to prevent them from having atomic weapons? Try your 20/20 vision hindsight. The fact that both sides, the fanatics and we the "rationals", had atomic weapons is what kept the war cold instead of becoming a blazing deadly hot inferno. Wars to prevent weapons of mass destruction has not and will not buy us anything. Iraq and Iran were enemies. Now after 4000 American dead and thousand more maimed, Iraq and Iran are friends. So just how smart was that?

No. I am a cold war soldier that was in Germany in 1989 after the wall fell. I worked on Nuclear weapons and had my finger on the bomb at 18 years of age. A special unit in Germany called the 83rd USAFAD I lived and breathed Cold War tactics. Cool huh?
8) 8) 8) 8) :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p
I know I am going to catch hell for saying this, but here goes. I think the Middle East would be safer if Iran had a Nuclear Bomb, because then the deterrent from keeping Israel from attacking them would diminish a great amount. M.A.D.

i think the risk of iran having the ability to build the A bomb is that the other gulf states, who are all sunni with sizable shiite populations, will themselves pursue the bomb, and eventually someone will use it, if even by accident.

iran is a dictatorship and when they fall from power as in eqypt, tunisia, and now syria, then the people of iran will merge with the other economies of the world and recover some economically from the current sancions regime's damage to their economy.

a free iran is no threat and instead is the source of knowledge and stability, and the fall of the dictators will reduce the pressure on israel from hezbollah and hamas so that they can then make political gestures to allow the palestinians more control and political autonomy.

Iran has not made war on anybody in 500 years. But a half dozen countrys have made war on them. Ahmadinejad just might welcome an attack from Israel or from us. After all, every working class Arab in the world who may dislike them now would then become their friends.

I have to agree with much I 've read here. We are not going to war with Iran. That would be foolish. I do remember Iraq vs Iran back in the 1980's. Probably started by Saddam H.

wineboyrider said:
Glad to hear some ration and reason for a change. That is not, however what we hear from the news media.......?

The news media loves conflict.
They would like for election campaigns to drag on forever so that they can continue raking in more millions of dollars in political advertising.
The news media loves war.
And consider how they are married to the military/industrial complex in their lauding of the "modern" aircraft carrier, an industrial/military complex boondoggle that smart missiles and long-range aircraft have already rendered obsolete, but we keep right on building them.
The news medial hates honestly delivered news.
Remember when we had in-depth news reporting? Now all we have are a bunch of talking heads (from both sides of isle) spouting distortions in support of their particular political interests.

wineboyrider said:
I know I am going to catch hell for saying this, but here goes. I think the Middle East would be safer if Iran had a Nuclear Bomb, because then the deterrent from keeping Israel from attacking them would diminish a great amount. M.A.D.

Here's another way of thinking about it.
We have a huge nuclear arsenal and are the only country i know of to actually deploy one on an enemy.
But we're worried about Iran getting their hands on a few. Because they're really going to attack the most well-armed nation on this planet.

Uhhhhh... ok :lol:

I think the middle east is like the scrawny kid we picked on for years, and stole his lunch money ( oil ).
We block him from getting into the gym so he can pump himself up to be able to defend himself one day.
Keep doing that and he will eventually find some way to get back at us.
In the meantime, they turn a blind eye when terrorist groups form in their country. We wonder why and point the finger at them again!

Just you wait and see what happens when we are weakened. Then we will regret making enemies the world over for decades.

My opinion .... Iran has never attacked anyone. Perhaps it would be wise not to interfere and stay at home. One thing, the new war will reduce the number of people on Earth. The question is how much? Whose interests are? :?

sirius said:
My opinion .... Iran has never attacked anyone. Perhaps it would be wise not to interfere and stay at home. One thing, the new war will reduce the number of people on Earth. The question is how much? Whose interests are? :?
Good advice Sirius. I would add one caveat to the foreign policy that the founders of the US had and that is that if we are attacked we declare war, kick ass and come home. So in other words trade and commerce with all nations and entangling alliances with none, but that comes with the understanding that if we are attacked we will kick your ass. But, yes the US needs to butt out of the idea of blockading a country (which is an act of war) and just cruise around looking for pirate ships to blow up!
8) 8)

Sometimes I thinking that the world has gone mad. So, now we are smart but we have more stupid act. Someone is planning events in the world, though. Unfortunately, it brings harm to many. I think that greed is the number one, the desire for power is the number two .......... etc......... :(

We have in the past been attacked by Iran. How soon we forget...

When I was younger I thought this stuff was real ... now it seems it is all a chess game being played out. We are either bystanders, or manipulated cannon fodder... I honestly don't know what is "real" anymore...

This week the media is starting to parrot that it won't make any difference if there is a US/Israeli attack on Iran's nuclear facilities. That Iran will have the bomb soon. Now I find that hard to believe, and a conclusion history appears not to support. You take out the facilities and the experts and the capability is significantly diminished. ... but why the new approach? That needs to be understood.

It was touched on up above, so let me expand. What we are headed towards is nuclear armed sunni and shia muslims. That mixture will eventually go hypergolic. It has been proven unstable over the years. Someone either has to prevent one side from going nuclear, of if one does, now enable the other to counter and contain. More chess, more moves, more intrigue, deceit and wasted potential...

As Rodney King said: "Can't we all just get along...?" It seems the answer is a loud "NO" from just about everyone pushing the chess pieces around.

bigmoose said:
When I was younger I thought this stuff was real ... now it seems it is all a chess game being played out. We are either bystanders, or manipulated cannon fodder... I honestly don't know what is "real" anymore...

This week the media is starting to parrot that it won't make any difference if there is a US/Israeli attack on Iran's nuclear facilities. That Iran will have the bomb soon. Now I find that hard to believe, and a conclusion history appears not to support. You take out the facilities and the experts and the capability is significantly diminished. ... but why the new approach? That needs to be understood.

It was touched on up above, so let me expand. What we are headed towards is nuclear armed sunni and shia muslims. That mixture will eventually go hypergolic. It has been proven unstable over the years. Someone either has to prevent one side from going nuclear, of if one does, now enable the other to counter and contain. More chess, more moves, more intrigue, deceit and wasted potential...

As Rodney King said: "Can't we all just get along...?" It seems the answer is a loud "NO" from just about everyone pushing the chess pieces around.

A nuclear version of Bismarck's alliances. We all know what happened there.

Best not to waste time dwelling on things you can't control as there are only downsides to doing so.

It's very interesting to see that a common passion drains people with same criticism and ideas. You cannot imagine how glad I am to be here, reading your posts. Doesn't mean that I agree with everything, just that I love the way people think here and I learn a lot from you all on ebikes or anything else exposed here :D
I would be actually very interested to know how many folks here are watching TED.com ;)
Thanks a lot guys to be the one you have succeeded to be ;)
Gruß,
H.

Joseph C. said:
bigmoose said:

A nuclear version of Bismarck's alliances. We all know what happened there.

Best not to waste time dwelling on things you can't control as there are only downsides to doing so.
Yes. Exactly. Worried about the Middle East having nuclear weapons when the only 2 in the ME that have them are Pakistan (a US puppet state like Israel) and Pakistan (also a US puppet state) considering the US has enough nuclear weapons to blow up the whole world....hmmmm?

Small clarification: Israel and Pakistan developed their own weapons; we (USA) did not assist. I do not think we have that much direct control over these states; influence – yes, control – no. I do believe a nuclear-armed Iran though would accelerate the creation of glass from sand regardless of the target, and there appears to be many on their list.

The best solution is for the people of Iran to rise up and throw those dirt bags presently leading them out into the street for a nasty shave.

Finally, any religion that manipulates their patrons into committing angry acts against fellow creatures is no religion at all, but a system of Totalitarianism. With that in mind, even media can become the tool of oppression that cuts both ways. The news unfolding is both interesting, and yet is setting up the game that shall be played out. Who are the puppets and pawns? And why do we, the 99.8% of the world population put up with it?

The best game that we can play is to inform, to disclose, to share openly the inarguable facts, and work to resolve our differences peacefully… at least until the bombs are lobbed and the bullets are flying. When that time comes, I pray we shall survive it, beat the aggressors back to oblivion, and hope that in that process we are not reduced to using sticks and stones. :(

~KF

Kingfish said:
The best solution is for the people of Iran to rise up and throw those dirt bags presently leading them out into the street for a nasty shave.

That doesn't solve the Israeli problem though. There won't be peace there until all sides come to a manageable agreement.

Back