Wireless remote help

Ryuudan

1 W
Hello I've been reading this forum for a year already :shock: but only posted a couple of times.

I'm building electric inline skates, and I'm using a handheld remote controller to control both feet(one motor in each foot).

So, I need a way to control both skates with only one controller. All the solutions I came across using the Nyko nunchuku or even arduino and bluetooth boards won't allow me to control 2 receivers with only one transmitter. Also most bluetooth modules won't have a master mode which would allow me to connect 2 boards. Most boards will only connect to a cellphone or some device like that. Even the ones that had the master mode I couldnt get them working. didnt try bluetooth 4.0 BLE yet, didnt find any board that had master mode.
Would be even more helpful even if I could control each foot individually (one hand) and receive feedback so I could have speed, and battery level displayed on the hand controller.

anyone have any ideas? please help me, I cant find any solution to this.

What I did so far is using 4 arduino nano boards with 4 RF transmitters (nRF24L01). one arduino+RF in each foot and 2 arduino+RF in the controller. What is happening is that is lagging and unrealiable. sometimes it wont start and suddenly all of the torque comes to my feet. Also I'm using a PS2-like analog joystick made for arduino, which is too sensitive and too big. any suggestions on this side as well?
12341333_551174455038661_7004528139653692434_n.png

one idea I came across is to buy 2 nunchukus and hack them together but it seems not much elegant, but if it comes to it, I will do it.
ps: I have a 3D printer so it helps with building stuff.
ps2: if you wanna see it working heres a video:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6P_9D6fwtY[/youtube]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6P_9D6fwtY
thanks for ANY ideas.

with nrf24 transceiver you open a data pipe for transmit, then use the same pipe on the receiver to listen for data.
try to use one arduino and one nrf24 for transmiter and two arduinos and one nrf24 for each receiver. configure receivers the same and they should (i think) work without problems.
I just bought arduino pro's and nrf24's for my remote. I tested it and it seemed to work without problems. I have not tried one transmitter and two receivers tho...

I used this guys code:

http://arduino-info.wikispaces.com/Nrf24L01-2.4GHz-HowTo

worked the first try...

yeah, thx for the reply. I got them working already, but they are not reliable. I have quite a bit of lag when I press the throttle. Sometimes they don't work at all, sometimes they work ok.

nRF24L01 cant connect to 2 rx, although they can connect to 6tx, so its kinda a big hassle to make them talk 1-to-2. the tutorial I got which is the same as you linked said that to make you fake 1tx to 2 rx to work would be to make the RX actually the TX and transmit the data on the response. So the logic would be something like: RX "hello, anyone there?" TX: "I'm here and accelerate 10%" instead of the usual "accel 10%" "roger that" thing.

I figured it would be even more laggy.

maybe whats happening with me is that the 2 TX are interfering with each other since they share the same ground and positive. Or its WiFi bluetooth interference with them. I will try again.

Back