Your Creation's Before & After Pics

nice work! where did you get that threadless stem extension? i've been looking for a way to raise my bars about 2"

I got the bike off Craigslist with the extender but I believe I saw them at my local REI store. Hope that helps.

Before....
SAM_0669.jpg

After.....
SAM_0671.jpg

Seeing I didn't know much about bikes I decided to build one part by part so when it came to servicing i would know what to do.

There 18s2p lipo stuffed into the battery box, and the motor is the hs3540 although i really wish i went the HT instead.

Since the 'after' i have made much larger cooling holes in the motor, and a vent/window in the battery box.
Just sorting photos to make a build thread so keep your eye out :)

Before:
20'' Juiced Riders ODK Utility Bicycle...
Blue side right4b.gif

After:
+ 9C, CA, 48V LifePO4, 22A controller, wire basket and bag of chips.
cargoebike2.jpeg
cargoebike1.jpeg

26mph, solid ride.

Before it was just a $200 wallmart bike, now its.. Hot Wire
started in May 2007

2011-09-18_18-43-44_997.jpg

2011-09-18_18-44-17_369.jpg

2011-09-18_18-47-13_525.jpg

2011-09-18_18-44-54_600.jpg

2011-09-18_18-46-40_527.jpg

2011-09-18_18-46-29_309.jpg

and still a work in progress

REI Novara Bonanza AL MTB Commuter Conversion

Not complete, but up and running well enough to use. Finishing will come later.

Before

DSC_5048.JPG

Aluminum MTB frame
Suspension front fork

After

DSC_5335.JPG

Nine Continents 6x10
18S2P 72V 10AH Turnigy LiPoly (soon to be 3P 15AH)
Lyen 12 FET
Dual torque arms
Hayes Hydraulic front disc
Shimano XTR Rear Vbrake
Magura throttle
Rhyno Lite rims
ThudBuster seatpost
Topeak rack and trunk

covers to come soon

Details

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en_US&hl=en_US&key=0Av_rcFhwbIYVdEpvUHdndTVDZU9tZmpicndyY1lDN1E&single=true&gid=28&output=html

Build Thread

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=21390

Another kona, lipo 74v 5a(so far) and crystalyte hs sensored. The box is made of a sheet of lexan which I bought at home depot. I folded it with a heat gun than painted it.

Attachments

• kona left.JPG
    kona left.JPG
    83.9 KB · Views: 4,590
anothercanadian said:
Another kona, lipo 74v 5a(so far) and crystalyte hs sensored. The box is made of a sheet of lexan which I bought at home depot. I folded it with a heat gun than painted it.

Nice. Is the controller inside that box too? It would be great if you can start a new thread showing the technique for folding lexan with a heat gun. I have no idea how that is done.

you have to set up good right angle jigs and work fast with gloves to protect from hot plastic. If you over heatt it or let gravity pull it you won't get an even surface. worth experimenting over but any long lengths (15"+) get hard to bend cleanly because keeping the heat distributed is difficult...

Yes, the controller is in the box too. There is a finger large gap between the box and the rear shock the turn on the switch.
I used 0,093 inches thick lexan. Maybe that why I didn't have much problem with it. I used a sheet of plywood on the bottom and on top of the lexan with two adjustable clamps. To fold a long distance, you just have to bend one small part at a time ( around 6 inches) with the heat gun and continue to end of the piece. You just have to go progressively like 30 degres at once. If it starts to bubble, you've heated it to much. I pratice with a small piece first to get the hang of it. It's not that hard and if you miss one place and bubbles are showing up, paint is going to make them disappear. :p

I hope it helps.

anothercanadian said:
Yes, the controller is in the box too. There is a finger large gap between the box and the rear shock the turn on the switch.
I used 0,093 inches thick lexan. Maybe that why I didn't have much problem with it. I used a sheet of plywood on the bottom and on top of the lexan with two adjustable clamps. To fold a long distance, you just have to bend one small part at a time ( around 6 inches) with the heat gun and continue to end of the piece. You just have to go progressively like 30 degres at once. If it starts to bubble, you've heated it to much. I pratice with a small piece first to get the hang of it. It's not that hard and if you miss one place and bubbles are showing up, paint is going to make them disappear. :p

I hope it helps.

Great. That does not sound too bad. I'll give it a try.

Its a little frocker :p

Just thought I would post this up.. I have just finished it for my son-in-law :D

micks finished.jpg

Its not fast but it is fun :mrgreen:

I've never posted my Steintrike here so without further fanfare here it is:
otherDoc

Attachments

• David_with_Bike_Sept_2011.JPG
    David_with_Bike_Sept_2011.JPG
    92.4 KB · Views: 4,565
gwhy! said:

Just thought I would post this up.. I have just finished it for my son-in-law :D

how much does that one weigh? looks like it could be good nippy fun!

sn0wchyld said:
gwhy! said:

how much does that one weigh? looks like it could be good nippy fun!

I didn't weigh it but my bike which is nearly the same weighs 22kg but has tripple clamp forks so that one should be a tad lighter.

Here is my bike.

Raleigh mountain bike with MAC 500W rear motor and Ping 48v 15Ah pack.

I made the fibreglass panels to hide all the workings. The charge port and on/off key are mounted on the left hand site in a recessed panel.

old.JPG

new1.JPG

new2.JPG

new3.JPG

Back