Oops! I bought a Chinese electric motorcycle...

LAE

I could only trace it back to China...which I knew already...but I looked up the model and traced it back to a Longzu Star...I think the Alibaba sellers just OEM Longzu Star.

I registered with Vermont...waiting on a response. They don't require title for less than 300cc...

First, I am very impressed with your numbers, speed an initial range. Second, how did it do after you charged the battery? Third, my bet is that your controller is adjustable for some parameters, but you need to uncover it to find out what you have.

As for the title issue, hopefully Vermont works it out for you. The VIN will not be in a US database until your COO is registered, and so long as your VIN and the COO match up, you should be fine. I am curious about insurance on it though, as well as what the price of the unit was?

At any rate, congrats, looks like a decent bike.

Jim 8)

It was twenty five hundred shipped. I would have opted for the 8000w instead, which was closer to forty five hundred. But, first large purchase importing from China, I was weary. Also, while it made it through customs, the manner it was shipped left me ineligible to obtain a copy of the customs form. If you live near a port, I suggest calling a local customs broker or freight forwarder and figuring it out with them.

It actually only goes 62 mph...the km/h is incorrect...I tried several GPS apps to confirm...multiply the km/h by .46 instead of .62. Sigh

So it is much closer to advertised specs.

Longest range was 38 miles, but now it’s about 32 after several charges...it could be I’m also riding it harder.

I’m about to move and garage is full...I do plan to open it up afterwards and try to figure out what is available to program...but I need the space for fairing and parts and don’t need to argue with the wife.

My plan at this point is to upgrade controller and hub motor.

I’m still trying to figure out batteries...I understand 90ah will fit, OEM spec. However, after grabbing measurements, maybe I can increase. Alternatively find something premade that fits...batteries are expensive...YIKES!

I looked at several of these motorcycles. I thought they would be a great starting point for tinkering.

The stumbling block was when I talked to the inspector at the State Police. For all intents and purposes, there was no way to register one.

Hi I'm still waiting for my bike on the slow boat I have the new style looks like a ducati. I ordered 10000 w motor 72v 80a lithium and upside down forks

Attachments

• IMG_7093.JPG
    IMG_7093.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 489
Albie72 said:
Hi I'm still waiting for my bike on the slow boat I have the new style looks like a ducati. I ordered 10000 w motor 72v 80a lithium and upside down forks

Wow very nice style. When did you bought it from...?

Back