can anyone identify this Chinese scooter?

Assuming they pulled all the stickers off it, that should be the old "The Best eBike." http://www.szftd.en.alibaba.com/ I'm thinking it also said 'Jamei,' or 'Hamei,' or the like. Good sustantial wheels/fork. If it's cheap it's worth grabbing.

I'd guess it's the same as their newer bikes, 450w, 60v, etc.

the chinese copy each other, could be any of a zillion brands, my guess is luyuan, the rack on the back I recognise from a factory close to luyuan.

It's easy to say all that, but this is less common looking. The rack is the first thing that made me think 'The Best eBike.' But this is an uncommon bike, I guess considered a failure as they didn't seem to copy it.

Identify and provide good info are two different things. With a weak id I'd say you're not in a good spot for parts, 60v is not exactly common in the generic so questions, questions. If I'm on the right track that should be a brushless hub and you could try out a leftover Yescom 1,000w controller, pushed to 72v, etc. If you're not so bold, I'm not sure about 60v 500w range brushless controllers.

rear rack has fold down sides, very common because the chinese value the ability to carry passenger or cargo on rear.

take your voltmeter to evaluate the problem with the battery and see if the charger has voltage on the output. if there is no voltage on the output of the charger it is most likely a blown fuse inside or other problem which can be fixed.

if the battery measures low on the output then measure the voltage at the charging port to determine SOC. it will have a BMS so they should not have been able to destroy it unless they have removed the BMS.

don't make the mistake of telling him how to fix it before buying it from him.

Could swear there was a thread some years ago about a similar chassis somebody converted into a stand-up scooter???

I can't stand sellers who don't use an asking price. For that reason if I wanted it, I'd start off low-ball. If they become hot-headed, forget about it and move on.

i doubt if it needs a new controller or battery. this is the sit down scooter type of ebike. i expect it has the 13S li ion pack which needs to be balanced or charged. i doubt it it needs to be rebuilt, just a repair. see if he will take $150 for it if you can measure any voltage on the battery pack either from the output or from the charging port. you will know a lot if you can measure the voltage on the charger and there is no voltage on the output.

Back