MY LIFEPO4 BATTERY I GOT FROM V-POWER

timber

1 mW
ON EBAY SUCKS.......AND I WANT MY MONEY BACK

....24V 10 amp hour

I can only get a mile or two on a charge before its completely dead...and im pissed off after paying all that money to V-POWERhk.......i want a complete refund from them

1. it took over two months to get the battery
2. the charger fried the minute i plugged it in
3. now i charge the battery with the new charger and it says its charged in less than one hours time.....i test the voltage of the charged battery and its never much above 24volts....i run the bike and the battery is dead in less than two miles.....its worthless weight now and i thought these were great batteries to own....whats the deal :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

What is the voltage the charger puts out?

Needs more info...

what motor/controller are you using this with ? pictures of your setup would be helpful for us to help you figure out the problems at hand..

I've disected a cammyCC pack, same as what you have now, they are horrible things to work on but not impossible...

more input.

Which of us, told you to buy from them? Most likely problem is it's not charging right. Good luck with the refund, but meanwhile have you a 24v sla charger you could try? A suitable motor for a 10 ah 24v cheapo pack would be pretty small watts, like 200-300. Is your motor just too big?

Reading again better, you should be getting to more than 24v when charging, maybe a bad bms is partly to blame. Lucky you, you won the cheap battery lottery, the prize is a battery three other people allready retuned cuz it's crap. The vendor keeps sending it back out, since somebody will give up and he'll get his money in the end.

hi,

I don't really believe that vpower took 2 months to send you the battery. i bought my battery from a agent from vpower, may2737. i even request her/ him to send on the date i wanted to be, becasue I will be around that day to see my post man parcel. The agent done well in her/ him part doing all my request. eg. Double wall solid box.. (they done their part), nice packing (they done their part) they done one additional efforts they gave me a super Bigger size box/ No a lunch box.

kentlim

I'm inclined to think that "timber" is a V-Power competitor...

he doesn't seem to realize his battery is not charging. he started another thread with the same vpower is junk theme and did not ever reply, not sure what he did this one for. but there are now 3 or 4 cases of vpower batteries being smaller than advertized. this just seems to be lacking a charge, and we have tons of threads explaining to people how to go about measuring the cells to see if one row is down and causing it to fail, but doubt if he will reapppear on this thread either. not much you can do to help them in that case.

dnmun said:
he doesn't seem to realize his battery is not charging. he started another thread with the same vpower is junk theme and did not ever reply, not sure what he did this one for.

Which reinforces the "timber == vpower competitor" theory. Shill.

Not that I was terribly impressed with vpower, but I've yet to hear a complaint that I believe.

Edit: OK now I believe the complaints.

For future reference, when you start two or three threads complaining about a vendor, then don't respond to any posts in your threads, you look like one of the vendor's competitors, trying to play us.

Yeah, I tend to agree, some of these " battery sucks" threads may be bogus complaints from shills. So which of us recomended buying from the competitor on ebay either? At this point, you can get a decent battery from several sources without going to ebay.

i think he is a employee of vpower, maybe he was dismissed and got zero bonus. Competitor is tough no need to throw inaccurate information and fake data. alot of lifepo4 makers are very rich millionaire people got no time to do. he might be a children playing computer games, so he wrote for the fun. reading carefully he wrote, he is more like a children age between 12 ~ 15.

cheers
my friend.

no im real i just have trouble finding the threads after i start them.....im new here

thanks for the responses the battery is junk......and your all welcome to buy from them ..its not my money

i got a new charger made for lifep04 batteries and let it charge for a full day.....same thing only a few miles before the battery gos dead.....voltage drops from 30v to under 25 within a day with no use

thanks

Well, our sympathies, you're not the first one. The is east bay music really jimmy wu thread from last summer may help you with your pay pal dispute adventures. good luck. After all is done with, on the money back issue, you could start dismantling the pack and finding the good cells to sell to others, or make a smaller battery out of. You could just have a bad bms. Look for burnt looking stuff on it for starters.

theres nothing wrong dogman, he just doesn't have enuff juice to balance the low cell and keeps getting LVC. if you decide to throw the battery away, lemme know, or put it up for bids.

C,mon guys. I just went through this with a vpower battery. Vpower weighs almost 10lbs heavier than the same AH battery I just recieved. I now have a prismatic cell battery. It's awesome. Over twice the distance than vpower and almost 10lbs lighter. Return it if you can and get your money back if you can. The 20ah vpower battery performed no better than my 12ah sla batteries. They sent new bms and charger. No improvement. I got a refund. dnmun and dogman know all too well about Vpower. Old technology. Get the new stuff if you can. Those vpower batteries should be selling for around half of what they are. I'm no competitor, but I do have two ebikes. You guys should also give dnmun a hard time about putting a bike together. He's got more than enough parts.

thanks i might put it up for bid if i cant get my money back.....my sla does a much better job at 10amh

Hey Timber,

I'm in a similar position to you. But I haven't even tried my battery yet. The charger failed on me on the first use. The charger worked for about 5 minutes and it was gone.

Just a word of advice. If you can't remember where you posted. Just use the search at the top of the page.

you can click on 'view your posts' at the top of the page.

are you gonna try to fix your charger or buy the new bigger one? $20 is ok. plus once you get the new one then you will figure out how to fix the old one.

lololol.....my charger blew the first minute i plugged it in too.....had to wait to get a new one only to find that my battery was POS too..

timber said:
lololol.....my charger blew the first minute i plugged it in too.....had to wait to get a new one only to find that my battery was POS too..

Its true what they say. You get what you pay for :lol: We paid for those nice stickers! Did you use paypal to pay for it? If so you can file a dispute. PM if you need help. I had to file a dispute because they were ignoring my emails about a defective charger.

Holy crap dude! The same thing happened to me! I even started a thread with a video asking for help http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=12326 . Do not bother putting a fuse in, it just blows again, its as if it is made to do that. (actually try it and let me know, mine totally fried) the bastard got ANOTHER 20 bucks out of me for a 5amp charger. :evil: You can see what eventually happened to my charger in Part 1 of my ammo can video. here http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=12375 .

I believe you when you state that it took 2 months to get to you. He warned me of the same issue and so I spent an extra 75 bucks (maybe more) for him to ship it another way.

Regarding the battery not charging, I have a 48v 20am LIFEPO4 battery from the same hong kong prick. Had the same problem as you, but I was able to modify my old 48v SLA charger and I am slowly able to ride more and more as the cells stablize. I hope you experince the same improvements.

I purchased my Ebike kit from a different person, OR SO I THOUGHT. ITS THE SAME PERSON but different name... So far the hub works though... :? Pm me and keep in touch, there seems to be a dishonest trend going on here from this seller/sellers

Subfightr said:
Holy crap dude! The same thing happened to me! I even started a thread with a video asking for help http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=12326 . Do not bother putting a fuse in, it just blows again, its as if it is made to do that. (actually try it and let me know, mine totally fried) the bastard got ANOTHER 20 bucks out of me for a 5amp charger. :evil: You can see what eventually happened to my charger in Part 1 of my ammo can video. here http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=12375 .

I believe you when you state that it took 2 months to get to you. He warned me of the same issue and so I spent an extra 75 bucks (maybe more) for him to ship it another way.

Regarding the battery not charging, I have a 48v 20am LIFEPO4 battery from the same hong kong prick. Had the same problem as you, but I was able to modify my old 48v SLA charger and I am slowly able to ride more and more as the cells stablize. I hope you experince the same improvements.

I purchased my Ebike kit from a different person, OR SO I THOUGHT. ITS THE SAME PERSON but different name... So far the hub works though... :? Pm me and keep in touch, there seems to be a dishonest trend going on here from this seller/sellers

I'm starting to get convinced that the 3A charger is a bait and switch. He sends us a bad charger and then makes us pay for a new one. That kind of trickery doesn't sit well with me.

Exactly, we need a bit more evidence though before our accusation can hold any weight. It could just be irony. I assume you Emailed him as well, he told you to plug it into the bike and into the wall (DUH) then offered you the 5 amp for 20 bucks total? With shipping? It seems like he would be losing money offering it at that price with shipping. Granted this is assuming we are not being duped again and this 5 amp charger he got for 1 cent because it too is a POS.

Actually a note came with my battery on how to charge it. I'm posting a picture of the note. Step 4 is pretty funny. I think our chargers got a fever and blew up, lol

But yes I also got the same email. I'll cut and paste it here.

===================READ FROM THE BOTTOM UP=====================================

Hi,
Bad news.
Do you want to upgrade to 5 amp charger?
Just add USD 30.00

Regards

2009/8/11
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Po,

The charger doesn't work at all. No lights come on. It failed in less than
5 minutes. So I'm concerned if you send a replacement to same thing will
happen again. what can you do for me?

Hi,
Sorry to hear this.
Can you check this charger is ok or bad?
If it is fault,maybe we can exchange the new one to you.

Regards

2009/8/10
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Po

I recieved the battery today. Thank you. But I have a problem I
plugged it in to charge as per instructions and the charger failed after 5
minutes. What do I have to do to replace it?

Thanks
------------------------------

Attachments

• note.JPG
    264 KB · Views: 1,368
Back