Tire pump = Functional Bling?

Papa

10 kW
I realize that some of you don't need or even carry one, but I personally, feel naked without it. Hunting for a quality replacement eventually led me to the PBW (Portland Bicycle Works) web site and the sweetest 87 grams of polished aluminum and bamboo I've ever laid eyes on. The only plastic I could find, was the piston, inner valve assy (both replaceable for about $5) and the black end cap. The head and lever is CNC'ed aluminum and the tube looks to be high grade 6061T6. A little keyboarding will land you one for about $35. Behold the Poco:

http://www.ridepdw.com/goods/inflation/poco-pump

you should definitely have a pump. with slime, it easily prevents onlookers for mistaking a flat-oriented failure walk home for a ebike related one!

thats way pimper than my park tool half pint:

http://www.amazon.com/Park-Tool-PMP-4-Half-Pint-Mini/dp/B00188NM4Y

but i'd pay more for a carbon handle!

(ps, i got a flat on my bike's second ride and got a pump the day after)

NorCalTuna said:
, it easily prevents onlookers for mistaking a flat-oriented failure walk home for a ebike related one!

Sadly, with so many of my rides ending in some sort of plasma fireball, followed by the long walk of shame, I would be thrilled to just be pushing from a tire failure. lol ;)

I like that Poco. When space doesn't matter I carry a footpump like the cheap blue one from HF. Otherwise I have a crappy Bell stick pump that has this cheap velcroed plastic strip that goes under the water bottle screws. I never use that, because someone would probably just steal the pump off the bike, so I stick it in my cargo pod.

On DayGlo Avenger it usually goes tucked behind the front right corner where all the wiring makes the corner unsafe for cargo anyway, and on CB2 it goes whereever I don't have something else stashed. :)

I'm still waffling about taking apart my 12V electric pump and building it into a much tinier box to stow on the bike, and just run it off the pack. :) No-sweat refilling. :) But I hardly ever have to re-air a tire since I started using the slime and tire liners; usually just when I have changed the tire loading with cargo and need to adjust them some.

Back