The Ciclotron on KS

"Space Grade Composite Construction" :D
This one looks like it was made by a 12 yrs old in a school project :roll:

ad79f0075bbe7107ce7ab7f9b5df6d8d_original.JPG

Just watching them ride that bike was cringeworthy. It seemed that bike was all over the road. I understand that not everyone rides a paceline or has the ability to ride on rollers, but my 2 YO rides her balance bike in a straighter line.

MadRhino said:
"Space Grade Composite Construction" :D
This one looks like it was made by a 12 yrs old in a school project :roll:

https://ksr-ugc.imgix.net/assets/012/998/Carbon_fiber_dog_turd.jpg/img][/quote]

And that explains why they only show it in the dark.

Usually, when people try to reinvent something, it's to improve it somehow. Make it stronger, faster, lighter, easier to use. Better.
This looks more like change for the sake of change. Anyone can do that, though often with disastrous results.
In fact, I think I'll try it now. I'm going to reinvent the...... ladder! Sure! I'll streamline the design, get rid of those accident prone steps, and show it in a nice natural finish.

I present to you, Ladder 2.0! :mrgreen:

[img]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b246/SSMayfloat999/2009_0315keeper0005.jpg

As a long time roadie, that is terrifying in so many ways.

Drunkskunk said:
I present to you, Ladder 2.0! :mrgreen:

2009_0315keeper0005.jpg

A brilliant re-imagining of the life threatening first generation ladder. While 2.0 does not eliminate the risks of slips or falls, it greatly reduces the attendant damage -- strains, sprains, bruises and breaks -- by dramatically reducing fall distances. In its standard configuration, climber can fall just 1.75". Even in high performance mode, set to maximum extension by placing 2.0 on edge, maximum fall distance is limited to 3.5". Congratulations, and thank you from grateful workers everywhere!

Might need crowdfunding to do final design refinements, then bring an initial batch to market?

I liked it. This bike looks like a fun design concept. Form/style come first, and then the engineering to make it last in the real world. The kid seat side cars look like they were well thought out. The wheels must be incredibly stiff to support 200 pounds with only a foot of contact.

Better not hit a curb or pothole though. Wind up with a loopy ride.

Back