Ryobi 40V chainsaw, 63-54 motor, Lithium battery

spinningmagnets

Staff member
I normally don't post here in this section, but...I thought this might be useful for some of the hackers here. $200 for the full kit, $100 for a second battery, $50 for a second charger... $400 for 2WD?

Each chainsaw has a brushless RC outrunner, 63-54mm, 300Kv, with a shaft-mounted centrifugal fan. 12mm diameter shaft (easy to turn down to desired dia), also, motor uses 3 hall sensors (included)

http://www.etotheipiplusone.net/?p=3324

ccm26-mid.JPG

I have experience with RC motors used as a friction drive. My result was that I could run 1000W through the system before experiencing any significant slippage. Also its true that in wet weather there is more slippage, however, I don't ride in the rain (props to hardcore bikers who do...).

Who would absolutely LOVE a hacked friction drive/RC mid-drive? Any kid under 14 on a 20-inch wheeled BMX...

If I was building a 2WD mountain board for myself, this might also be a fun experiment

[youtube]ASZSmjxBLIc[/youtube]

Do dee do...

What about a go-kart with chainsaw tank treads?

While the electronics are good, I wonder how powerful the motor is. Do you have an ESC to test it? Compare it its coil resistance, etc. to others on the market known to work.

:) Have fun!

Back