Yet another BBS02 build, BeOne Nirvana 2.0

Overclocker

10 kW
So I snagged a NOS new old-stock BeOne Nirvana f/s frame in the correct size (for me, 19"), and has ample triangle space, so I figured why not turn it into another ebike :twisted:

zbokkmX.jpg

h9Wxiqx.jpg

BBS02 2016 production w/ upgraded FETs:

9WxZXlV.jpg

gYxqxIt.jpg

BBS02 custom settings. 22A limit to avoid heat issues. PAS0 and PAS1 set to the same 1-1. The reason for this is that since PAS1 is the bootup default I want my BBS02 to startup w/ PAS disabled i.e. to avoid accidentally throwing me off a cliff

tzAFPpU.png

Battery is Sanyo NCR18650GA 3500mah. 13s4p. No BMS, will simply have external balance port for occasional balancing. BBS02 set to 38V LVC which is just about right for 13s when using these NCA cells w/ 2.5V end voltage. To be charged using a DC-DC boost module:

RiVpHPY.jpg

4ErNPLP.jpg

Details of boost module charger here: https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=82731

Build in progress...

the C695 display doesn't show voltage, it only has a bar which doesn't calibrate with the LVC values that you've actually programmed into the controller :roll:

so a voltage display is needed. i selected this one:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/A96-Free-Shipping-Battery-12V-24V-36V-48V-Capacity-Tester-Indicator-For-Lead-acid-Lithium-LiPo/32440878092.html

sRu62lO.jpg

see youtube link for PDF documentation:

[youtube]py_LKc1Zt7w[/youtube]

6.94mA draw w/ backlight:

qi3cbft.jpg

0.13mA draw, backlight off, LCD active:

NX3YMvj.jpg

tln said:
Awesome build! Is there a story behind the battery box side covers?

Looks lightweight, whats the final weight (without mud :) )

oh the side cover graphic? just my lame attempt at emulating the paint job on the bike frame :) while hoping that it would make the battery pack look smaller than it really is. TBH i'm not too happy w/ it :roll:

final weight? no idea but yes it's pretty light compared to my GNG mid-drive bike

Looks really neat - how far can you go on a full charge?

So is that right the BBS02 would be the best option for a full suspension; lightweight e-bike, floating typ of e-bike
in comparison to all the hub-drive bikes out there?

I really want to get an e-bike or build one myself; I am living in Germany therefore many bikes and parts I don't want to order from the US too much of a hassle

Thanks for sharing bro!

Lyo said:
Looks really neat - how far can you go on a full charge?

So is that right the BBS02 would be the best option for a full suspension; lightweight e-bike, floating typ of e-bike
in comparison to all the hub-drive bikes out there?

I really want to get an e-bike or build one myself; I am living in Germany therefore many bikes and parts I don't want to order from the US too much of a hassle

Thanks for sharing bro!

hi. i have a post about range (w/ pedalling) earlier on this thread

yeah the BBS02 is a great choice for MTB use, but it can be difficult finding a compatible frame. you need something w/ a straight downtube, and you don't want suspension parts near the BB area. on top of that you want a large space in the triangle for the battery pack

60KMs wow rock solid
thanks for your advice!

that would be my kinda e-bike :D

then I firstly need to find a good price/quality BBS02 Kit, and a battery pack - would be good to get it from Germany;
inexpensive shipping and no import taxes

I actually just recently started working in a Bicycle Work-Shop here in the Allgäu, repairing bikes and e-bikes.
Unfortunately they are just selling the 'legal' kinda e-bikes there which are pretty poor at 25Kmh max speed here in Germany

Back