BionX

Cephalotus said:
If you have a BionX DS3 display the latest official version is 4.0
The BionX DS3 display has another plugin than G2 display and BionX interface box.So you can't connect this interface with DS3 display?Thanks

Attachments

• DS3 display.jpg
    DS3 display.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 2,054
  • G2 display.jpg
    G2 display.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 2,054
  • My interface.jpg
    My interface.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 2,054
RC3+DS3 and G2 are not compatible. You also need deifferent firmware versions in the motor for each.
For 48V batteries you can use the hybrid version 115 on both. Batteries with lower nominal voltage than 48V are not compatible with RC3+DS3

I understand.The RC3+DS3 has compatible bionx interface?My interface is this one:

Attachments

• My interface.jpg
    My interface.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 2,030
Cephalotus wrote" Yes, your BIB2 is compatible to any BionX component"

But is not good the BIB2 s plugin with DS3 plugin.

Attachments

• DS3 display.jpg
    DS3 display.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 2,011
I dont have DS3 display, only I have G1 and G2 displays.I don't know how the DS3 display end his plugins looks like in reality. :?

DS3 connects via 4 pin connector to the RC3.

RC3 uses the (for BionX) typical Hirose30 connectors for its CAN bus system. So you connect DS3 via RC3 to the BIB2.

Couldn't find a picture online so I made you one:

BionX_RC3_System.jpg

Cable to the left is for braking sensor.

When downloading the bbi software from this link: https://www.file-upload.net/download-13 ... e.zip.html to my mac I did get a message from AVG that the download was infected by a virus (see picture).

Can you attach send me the software by an other way? Can you attach this to the thread? Or send it with wetransfer.com to my email account or ???

Thanks!!!

It's a self extracting file, maybe this is the reason why it is blocked.

I can not comment on the file hoster. I have no experience with those

Cephalotus said:
As far as I know BionX software wants to update 30 days after installation. This is not possible any more because Bionx servers are down.
Therefor the BionX needs a faked date, based on the installation time hidden in the license file bbi.db.

I can only use it when I set back that date manually and use my PC offline.

I use a bit older license version, so I may date varies from the date you need to use for that version, at least this is what I believed. I assume that you have to set the date for this version to somewhere around November 2018.

Your PC still uses the actual date and the software works?

If so, I don't know why :)

Hi Cephalotus!

I tried to use the program online and it worked perfect! First updated itself and then it updated the console, motor and battery firmware.

Hi folks, apologies for the potentially dumb questions. I'm talking to someone who has the USB BiB interface about possibly getting my equipment unlocked. Would the uploaded offline license / debug mode let you unlock the 20mph limit? Or is that not possible without using 3rd party software/3rd party unlock methods? This is for a 2016 P 350 DV (gen 2 display i think)

Thanks!

Update: I eventually figured it out. All you need for a G2 console is the BBi2 software, a bbi cable, debug mode, and this very important parameter:

console.assist.maxSpeedFlag = 0

I'd be very grateful if Cephalotus or someone else could help me to get the offline bbi.exe progam working on W10.
Whe I launch it, having put the date back to 10/Nov/2018 and having disconnected from the internet, I get the following error message:
Bike View undefined, an error occured throwing an exception.
The title bar of the error message reads:
The page at http://localhost:56003 says
(The localhost port number changes each time I launch the program.
Many thanks.

Hello, I found the way to enter debug mode with the extra file, so that's fine, however I still can't find a way to get the software to run on W10.

Still no joy under Windows 10.
I turned on localhost and tried compatibility mode W7, still no joy......
HELP, HELP....

I know it's an old thread but I'd like to say thanks for the software and the advice! Just bought a used Elby S1 with 95km on the odometer and since I like to fix things myself, it'll be great to have!

Back