la Nina rears her ugly head

Detailed Forecast
Overnight
A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 46. South wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
Saturday
Showers likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 53. Southwest wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
Saturday Night
A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 43. South wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
Sunday
Showers likely, mainly after 10am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 52. West wind 5 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
Sunday Night
A chance of showers. Partly cloudy, with a low around 39. Calm wind becoming southeast around 5 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
Monday
Sunny, with a high near 59.
Monday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 37.

La Niña Rain Gage
Nothin'/Skunked-Foggy Doggy-Play Misty-Drizzle Corn-Light Showers-Steady Soaker-Bands/Sheets-Cats & Dogs
****************************************************************** :)

La Niña Rain Gage
Nothin'/Skunked-Foggy Doggy-Play Misty-Drizzle Corn-Light Showers-Steady Soaker-Bands/Sheets-Cats & Dogs
******************************************************************************************** :D

La Niña Rain Gage
******************************************************************* :)

SDHET HEMET VALLE VISTA 0.56 2050 :mrgreen:

https://radar.weather.gov/Conus/pacsouthwest_loop.php
Hopefully the Sierra Nevada Range gets enough to put out those stubborn fires. :evil:

Detailed Forecast
Today
Sunny, with a high near 75. West wind around 5 mph.
Tonight
Mostly clear, with a low around 50. East wind around 5 mph.
Sunday
Sunny, with a high near 80. Northeast wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the morning.
Sunday Night
Clear, with a low around 50. East wind around 5 mph.
Monday
Sunny, with a high near 84. Northeast wind around 5 mph becoming southwest in the afternoon.
Monday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 55.
Tuesday
Sunny, with a high near 82.
Tuesday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 54.
Wednesday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 77.
Wednesday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 52.
Thursday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 74.
Thursday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 51.
Friday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 72. :D

Finally, some measurable rain! A whopping 0.1". I'll take what I can get. Nice to at least wash off some of the ashes covering everything.
Another chance later next week.

Last week I got a total of 0.7", so not bad. At least no dust on the trails now. But dry again for at least a week.

I love it when Indian Ocean Dipole IOD, La Nina and ENSO etc winds blow more water to Australia. :D

Ultimately what happens is all the winds blow across the ocean towards Australia instead of Africa carrying the rain.
Record-breaking day for GrainCorp as farmers rejoice over bumper winter harvest
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-11-19/graincorp-breaks-daily-record-as-harvest-booms/12899718
https://youtu.be/SYewiqUGPa8

While Africa struggles with drought and dead crops.
Parts of South Africa’s central livestock farming area are in the grip of the worst drought on record and producers are buckling under debt they took on to feed their animals.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-07-17/south-africa-ends-state-of-disaster-despite-persistent-drought

[youtube]JmATGtQbUho[/youtube]

IOD
[youtube]J6hOVatamYs[/youtube]

ENSO
[youtube]dzat16LMtQk[/youtube]

[youtube]WPA-KpldDVc[/youtube]

[youtube]iVCviVp4rLU[/youtube]

Detailed Forecast
Today
Sunny, with a high near 73. Calm wind becoming west around 5 mph.
Tonight
Partly cloudy, with a low around 44. Calm wind.
Sunday
Sunny, with a high near 75. Calm wind becoming west around 5 mph.
Sunday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 49. Calm wind.
Monday
Partly sunny, with a high near 73. Light northeast wind increasing to 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 30 mph.
Monday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 53.
Tuesday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 76. Breezy.
Tuesday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 50.
Wednesday
Sunny, with a high near 78.
Wednesday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 48.
Thursday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 74.
Thursday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 45.
Friday
Sunny, with a high near 68.

La Niña Rain Gage
******************************************* :|
Drizzled for about 30 minutes, not a measurable amount.

Detailed Forecast
Tonight
Clear, with a low around 41. East wind around 5 mph becoming calm.
Wednesday
Sunny, with a high near 71. Calm wind becoming west around 5 mph.
Wednesday Night
Increasing clouds, with a low around 45. East wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
Thursday
Partly sunny, with a high near 65. Light and variable wind becoming southwest 5 to 10 mph in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph.
Thursday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 40. South wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
Friday
Sunny, with a high near 66.
Friday Night
Clear, with a low around 41.
Saturday
Sunny, with a high near 70.
Saturday Night
Clear, with a low around 44.
Sunday
Sunny, with a high near 74.
Sunday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 46.
Monday
Sunny, with a high near 76.
Monday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 46.
Tuesday
Sunny, with a high near 72.

TV news calling for rain Wednesday night and Thursday, but no percent chance in the official NWS forecast and only 1-2% chance on the Accuweather webpage so I’ll ignore the weather bunny for now. :roll:
https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/hemet/92543/daily-weather-forecast/337079
:pancake:

I got about 1" last weekend. Forecast for a little more tonight. Not much, but I'll take what I can get. Riding conditions are perfect now with some soil moisture but not enough to be muddy.

Now they’re saying:

Thursday Night
A slight chance of rain before 10pm. Mostly clear, with a low around 41. South wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
:confused:

Bet any rain is a big relief after a summer of fire weather nearly non stop.

Farther west, I was expecting the usual la nina winter. Super dry but often warmer due to the jet stream staying up in Colorado. Instead we are having the coldest December in about 25 years.

The weather is simply globally weird.

Back