Connecting BMS to battery

bikegeek

10 W
Hi,

I'm building a 36V 10s4p Li-Ion battery. I have a BMS from eBay and some instructions that are not very clear for me.

My question is, what wires from the BMS I connect first, the signal wires or the P-, C-, B- wires?

I've attached the instructions that came with the BMS.

Attachments

• 20151102_220638.jpg
    20151102_220638.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 846
Connect your load, battery and charge wires first. Then plug in your sensing wires. Not sure if it really matters but this is the the way I've been recommended/doing it. If you stuff your sense wiring up you'll destroy the board so double check then connect.

Do you have 10 or 11 wires bms if 11 then first I would go to the negative of the first cell on the negative end the next would go to the positive and of the same cell with an 11 wire BMS then to the next pos cell check voltae go to the next cell on the positive end all the way to you run out of wires the last wire goes to the positive out you can tell this with your multimeter as to check each cell. Check your voltage as building to 42volt if charged.
Do balance cells before assembly by hooking up in parallel to set charge like 4.1volt.
Or what cells we talking about and for what ?

I've got a response from the seller of the BMS, he told me this: "First B-, then signal wires, and then C- and P-". Makes sense?

The signal wires are 11 and are easy to connect because they say to connect them from the red one (that goes to +) one by one till the black one. It surprise me because the signal wires are connected by a ribbon which I can't connect at once, only wire by wire.

I've bought 40 new cells Panasonic NRC18650PF from Tumich from the forum.

The reason I start with the black neg sense wire is before you connect the first red wire you can check for voltage 3.5-4.2v. Then check next 7-8.4volt and keep checking and installing and is progressing for ez checking. Common sense. ? small joke.

Back