Xiaoxiang 300A "smart" BMS settings?

MJSfoto1956

10 kW
So I have a Xiaoxiang 150A "smart" BMS purchased from Denzel Motors which I am very happy with. The Bluetooth app allows you to set various options, two of which I'm not 100% clear on (see highlighted region on photo).

N.B. My battery pack is 57Ah (17 * 3350mAh), so should I set either "Designed Capacity" or "Cycle Capacity" to 57000mAh?

most likely, DC is the actual physical capacity of the pack, from completely dead to completely full.

CC is probably the capacity you expect from it when using it within the BMS LVC and HVC limits.

amberwolf said:
most likely, DC is the actual physical capacity of the pack, from completely dead to completely full.

CC is probably the capacity you expect from it when using it within the BMS LVC and HVC limits.

So for a 3350mAh cell:
CC = 80% of 3350mAh?
DC = 3350mAh?

Actual physical capacity means as measured from controlled rate load testing benchmarks.

Unless fresh A-quality brand new cells, may be much lower than vendor claimed rating.

In some cases a bit higher.

And yes cycling capacity is up to you, the range between where you want to configure your arbitrary definition of 0% and 100% in normal usage.

That is a trade-off between cycle longevity and range / capacity, up to you and your preferences.

Both will decline and those variable will need adjusting as the pack ages, especially if you want accurate as possible SoC% readings so you can adjust usage cutoff to a consistent DoD%.

Otherwise you just accelerate SoH decline.

Back