1 day, 220 km solo ebike ride, Sydney to Collector report

Great stuff Maurice!!! 220 km in a day is a feat and a benchmark. All you'll need is a strong tailwind next time.

Still a hell of a long one day ride. Way to go. Anything over 100k is quite a long ways for the less than super fit. 220 is still impressive. If not for the knee, you would have made it eventually.

Thanks for reading & posting everyone! Maurice should have a chance to read the thread tomorrow and hopefully post a first-hand review.

In total he said he used 1400 Wh including 30 min of recharging one of his 3 packs. Over 220 km (~137 miles), that works out to ~6.4 Wh/km (10.2 Wh/mi).

He doesn't have average speed data recorded but we'll have to make sure to have a GPS bike computer on-board for the next big ride. Particularly I like knowing the average moving speed which some GPS units will calculate on their own.

Cheers, Abraham

Good effort Maurice. I used to regularly do that ride on a motorbike and that was bad enough, the idea of doing it on an underpowered ebike sends shivers down my spine. Hats off to the man.

Good work none the less. Still a very impressive effort.

glowwormbicycles said:
In total he said he used 1400 Wh including 30 min of recharging one of his 3 packs. Over 220 km (~137 miles), that works out to ~6.4 Wh/km (4 Wh/mi).
Cheers, Abraham

I think that would be 10.2 Wh/mi. as miles are longer than kilometers. Still a very low number though, so he must be feeling it!

Hey Abraham, please pass on my congrats to Maurice - good effort with such heavy tyres, flat pedals and a stock bike + carrying extra batts!

Any chance of changing the thread name to reflect the actual distance covered ? ;)

PS to be fair, the annual "Around the bay in one day" ride attracts 10's of thousands of rides - young, old and of all spectrum of fitness. The most popular distance is 210km.

glowwormbicycles said:
In total he said he used 1400 Wh including 30 min of recharging one of his 3 packs. Over 220 km (~137 miles), that works out to ~6.4 Wh/km (4 Wh/mi).

The wh/km figure would be a lot more meaningful when Maurice posts the overall average speed later on.

BTW, 6.4Wh/km is 10.2Wh/mi

Back