2 X 48V pack in series please help

Tinker

10 µW
Hi I have attempted an upgrade to my E-bike.
I am trying to run two 48v batteries in series - my thinking was to try and increase top speed.

The set up I have is -

TILkryfhWI8AgilFCQN9an3ieN1Yr5X8-fgry0tAnzXGVShg_KQPTi6EeZ4PTNQ_ZyvHBoGEx3pxpAgkUKUsDzBxS6FQMjxE9MsTAEhVO-OZHdyB-j3SaitC2JpeipjYQEHi9dn5D6ULfZpL50DSkA8klziQjQg8APExOivrsai41zAjonXTbvpI_gFUbvJUwFKhezz1Ot6g6W8dizzj2rZpvcJ6PWSdGDokkWFeDUvMaaqszdu3ghid8aNLUbsiJkjC4A-5t8scfUym8FEDNsvquvyCr5uf5bHmUYLTQDElJlVR_UM6xf5WVI9iYKXOaexvrNpGCamy0Aqq-7Vlm6cJfUtlQn7qTEQ4rNsAkQ1OfMCWSu9JeR0ha44cU6kwf59jbArNc6-U8tbA5FMdpDNpwCO8yqGfXThBHys2xoAwIGyRLJrTyiRbYTvWcWj3HH6YrBmpAFLfFb_B8b79H8guCIfONIru3YCShS00VQKp5cQlGV3I_Fh2BB9rJuQpoYADEQCTR-xFdrS4HaphgzyyF8KKHqFavhLvtmqkbLE5vmwX5kx0Bn7wAHvpeyoCM5MSEV3r6Msp7TBZaRjnqvL0gQRtnXhSpnXNQw7RBJwceobKIW0r1DU5L94nrV9h2KVhjR_Vmm6ZJ4keJ3atxFcZcE4zs6LIaaZvS6lhG35C-KBJkO_4eM7_g_ie=w1285-h704-no

The bms in battery 1 seems to keep shutting off battery 1 - I cant work out why ?

I know there isnt much detail in the image above but is there anything Im doing which is obviously wrong ?
Im only a tinkerer so Im hoping Ive made a silly (but simple) mistake.

Additional information -
1 - The kits were originally two 48v 1000 w motor kits - they worked fine (together on the same bike but individually ie two of everything one on the front wheel and the other on the rear wheel.)
2 - I bought 2 X new 96v 1000w controllers ( that is what I ordered ) but the label on the outside states 96v 1500W - I have wired them in as per the diagram.
3 - The whole thing works fine unless i ask for too much throttle then battery 1 cuts out.
4 - I have run the two batteries on just the rear kit (disconnected the power cables for the controller for the front wheel) and it still cuts Batt 1 out although not as quickly.
5 - MY no load test allows me to go WOT without Batt 1 cutting out - although amps are lower.
6 - The reverse biased diodes are an attempt to protect the batteries from each other.
7 - A 10amp fuse blows quickly a 15 amp doesnt last much longer - the 30 amp hasnt blown yet.

Im hoping you guys might point me in the right direction as to what to do next ? I have a new BMS with a 40amp rating but im not sure now if the bms is dropping battery 1 out because of amps or something else ?

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.
Thanks

BTW - If you cant see the image please let me know so I can sort it so others can see the photo - thanks

What is the max amps of your controller? (Its almost certainly more than 30 amps)
How many amps is your battery BMS? ( I suspect its substantially less than the controller)
I suspect your controller is drawing too much power for your BMS, tripping the over current and shutting down your battery. If so you need to add more battery current delivery capacity or dial back your controllers max current to something compatible with your BMS.

Thanks ilMostro - the trouble is I cant figure out what the controller max amps are - if I opened the controller up would I be able to see from the components ? I believe you are right though as I switched out the stock BMS for a bigger amp rating bms (30amp) and Im able to go faster for longer.....
I just dont know how to find my controllers max amps ?? or how to limit them to 30 amps or so ?

Found out from supplier the amp for controller is max amps 48a - this is beginning to look dangerous.

Back