2013 Marin Mount Vision XM7 + BBS02

liv2ryde

1 mW

Nice build!

Are you worried at all about the battery location? I have a very similar build to yours, I even have the same Handle grips, similar phone mount and BBS02, our frames are similar design too, but mines a Giant.

I know when im riding trails rocks and mud get flung up on the down tube a lot. What kind of battery is that?

Not sure if you're doing any trail riding, but if you are, I highly recommend the Lekkie Bling Ring, makes a much better climber that way, very little lost on top speed and the whole chain ring is just way better. Have a look at my build.

Hi.
Im new here but I like to say something about that battery.

I have the same battery.
The problem with that battery holder is that its completely made out of plastic.
I can almost guarantee that it will not hold.
(Two little screws, holding on to plastic, => 10 pounds of stuff upside down).
What I had to do was to put aluminum backing on that plastic holder.

I assume the battery holder looks like this?
s-l1600.jpg

Thanks.

I will look into the Lekkie! I do need a smaller chain ring, asap.

Yes I am concerned about the battery. I thought about at least wrapping it with Velcro strapping or bungee while trail riding for now. I wish it would fit inside the frame and mount upright, but just no clearance for the rear shock to work. You are right those two screws in the plastic tray won't hold long....

Removing the Water Bottle Holder, it looks like there should be enough room for the battery inside the frame. The mounting holes for the screws might not line up to your screws on the frame, but it should be possible to drill new ones, either in the battery trays plastic or put in new Water Bottle Bosses into the frame where you need them.

Just a suggestion.

Hi

just wondering how you got on with the battery mount.

I'm thinking of mounting beneath the down tube as I've no space else on my MTB.

I haven't seen this layout anywhere else.

Obviously the battery weight has to be supported and I'm thinking of restricting the scope of the front suspension tubes
to avoid hitting the battery.

So, did you move, or did the layout in the photo work out? :?:

Back