30a KT Controller with speed wire?

the_horak

1 mW
I'm trying to replace my 14/28a OEM controller with a KT controller. I wanted to get a 30a controller but I can't find one that has the 6 pin hall sensor connector with the white speed wire. My motor is a geared hub motor and I don't wanna lose my speed when coasting.

Does this really not exist? What are my options? I'm wasting so much time searching the Internet and coming out empty handed.

Is there nothing I can do to get the coasting speed if I don't have that speed wire from the controller to my geared hub motor?

Have I used that controller? No, I don't need 30A and I prefer physically smaller controllers. I do have an S12S 30A unit, but I thought it too big for my bike.

One benefit of amazon is an easy return if the unit doesn't carry the white wire in the 2x3 or if the 3 pin is missing,

I have bought KT controllers from topbikekit. Here's a 30A T12S sinewave. If you look at the options, they will sell it with a speed sensor, so I'm sure it's compatible. Part of the basic KT LCD settings is setting the P2 parameter for the sensor. SHipping is probably just as much as the controller, so you might want to buy other items along with it.

Every KT controller I've used has the speed wire (as far as I know). Most have been 36/48V 22A trap wave controllers that went out paired with Bafang G020 geared hub motors (with 6 speed sensor magnets).

Those is the one I've used most. It always has a white speed wire. (22A SM plugs)

I just checked the 60A KT controller on my daily bike, and it also has the white wire on the 6 pin plug.

Every KT controller I've used has the speed wire (as far as I know). Most have been 36/48V 22A trap wave controllers that went out paired with Bafang G020 geared hub motors (with 6 speed sensor magnets).

Those is the one I've used most. It always has a white speed wire. (22A SM plugs)

I just checked the 60A KT controller on my daily bike, and it also has the white wire on the 6 pin plug.
Thanks so much for the reply and the link! I just messaged that eBay seller about his 30a controller. I've asked multiple sellers on AliExpress and they all say that once I get to the 30a controllers, the speed wire disappears, and it's only the 5 hall sensor wires. If I get 25a or less I'm good.

My controller that failed is a proprietary one,. It's 28/17a so I don't wanna lose torque/wattage by dropping to 25/15a. I might end up buying the stock one again when it comes in stock again if it's easier, but they want $180...

Back