Kt controller brake sensor

GaSSoo

10 mW
Hi. I'm trying to connect brake sensors to kt controller. On 1t5 cable brake sensors is 3 pin male. But my brake sensors connector is also 3 pin male. Cannot find sensor with 3 pin female so I bought 3 pin female connector with 3 wires on end (y, r, b). I cut brake sensor and there is also 3 wires but one is different color (white instead of yellow). I tried to connect wires (b-b, r-r, y-w) but it didn't work.
I will be thankful if someone know how to connect this.

Attachments

• 20240109_180032.jpg
    20240109_180032.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 4
  • 20240109_180206.jpg
    20240109_180206.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 4
  • 20240109_180324.jpg
    20240109_180324.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 4
Hi. I'm trying to connect brake sensors to kt controller. On 1t5 cable brake sensors is 3 pin male. But my brake sensors connector is also 3 pin male. Cannot find sensor with 3 pin female to I bought 3 pin female connector with 3 wires on end (y, r, b). I cut brake sensor and there is also 3 wires but one is different color (white instead of yellow). I tried to connect wires (b-b, r-r, y-w) but it didn't work.
I will be thankful if someone know how to connect this.
The KT controller only uses two of the three wires (signal and ground) for the low brake cutoff. If you have a multimeter, you can check the pins on the cutoff connector to find which two short when the lever is pulled. On the controller side, identify the ground wire with the meter, which should connect to one of the two wires you identified already. The signal wire on the controller side will usually have a pull up resistor to bring the voltage up to near 5V, so you can use your meter to identify the wire, or you could just try each wire to see which stops the motor.

I don't have multimeter but I found red-red and black -yellow works. But it also works the other way R-Y and B-R. Does it matter how I connect it?
Can I connect third wire also?

I don't have multimeter but I found red-red and black -yellow works. But it also works the other way R-Y and B-R. Does it matter how I connect it?
Can I connect third wire also?
It shouldn't matter since on the switch side, neither wire should be grounded, just an open/closed circuit. You shouldn't need the third wire.

Back