3rd Generation Sensorless Motor Controller Released

Lock

100 MW
Seen here:
http://www.bike-eu.com/products/3877/3rd-generation-sensorless-motor-controller-released.html

Last month the Nanjing Lishui Electronics Research Institute http://www.lsdzs.com/e/index.asp proudly announced that its latest development on sensorless motor controllers is a big success. This controller can seamlessly match over 98% brushless motors in e-Bike market.

About 200 different sensored and sensorless motors with rated voltage from 24V to 48V and rated power from 200 Watt to 800 Watt have been tested one by one with this controller. The result was that the maximum efficiency of the drive system improved 2% to 5% by more accurate commutation time, which means the continuous driving distance could be increased by 5km to 10km.

Another big improvement is the zero speed start up performance which is a big headache of most technicians when it comes to sensorless controllers. E-Bikes equipped with this controller can start up very smoothly with 80 kg rider on a flat road. Even on an 8 degree slope, e-Bikes can still climb without obviously-felt vibration.

Nanjing Lishui Electronics Research Institute has focused on R&D of sensorless brushless controllers for many years and developed the most advanced sensorless algorithm for e-Bike zero speed start up. Over 30,000 pcs of the company’s sensorless controllers have been sold to the global market by the end of 2009.

Interesting (maybe) controller here:
http://www.lsdzs.com/e/ProView.asp?ProId=336
LtPro20086101622466606.gif

1500w~3000w High Power Motorcycle Controller
We have designed brushless controller series with Cypress CY8C24423 based on 27 year professional experience in industry and most advanced technology. This controller represents the highest industry level with most appropriate quality vs price and has been put into market with strict competition run for more than 2 years.
* Rated voltage: DC 48V/60V
* Rated Power: 1500~3000W
* Low Voltage Protection: DC42V±0.5V/52.5±0.5V
* Current Limit: 50~100A(±2A)
* Standby Power Consumption: < 3W
* Speed Limit: Highest Speed range 35km/h ~ 45km/h (specified by motor). Speed limit under 20km/h
* Cruise Mode: Automatic Cruise or Manual Cruise. Stabilizing throttle for consecutive 8 seconds enters automatic cruise mode which makes e-bikes run at a const speed once releasing control from throttle
* Indicators: Work with multiple serial or parallel indicators, positive or negative shared indication LEDs( low voltage, current limit or cruise )
* Speed Indicators: Hall sensor speed indicators, positive or negative phase line speed indicators
* 1:1 pedal assistance: controller provides power assistance based on pedal feedback(speed) during pedaling. Various central hall sensors are provided like central shaft speed sensors or Torque sensors.
* Braking: work with open circuits low voltage brake, high voltage brake( +5V, +12V…)
* EABS braking: soft EABS braking system without braking noise and damage on motor. It makes motor sharply stop with a soft effect similar to that of EABS on vehicles. This regenerative braking brings energy back to battery from motor motion.
* Running regeneration: after throttle being released, the running motor transfer energy from motion into electrical power being stored into battery. This is power saving but will shorten distance of running. This function is selectable.
* Super low noise: super low noise at motor start and run beyond the performance of traditional brushless controller, making a low vibration and enlarge length of use
* Low heat generation: use the most advanced complementary PWM technique to lower the system heat generation. It optimizes power usage and extend length of use
* Multiple current limits: Use average current limit and peak current limit. Peak current limit checks current peak at every PWM cycle and protect MOSFET from resistless peak current and avoid damage. Average current limit makes controller a const current limit performance on all motors at low load, medium load, high load or stall. This simplifies testing process and checking process for e-bike manufacturers.
* Runaway protection: solve the problem of motor runaway from the problem of throttle or circuits and improves reliability.
* Stall protection: controller protects motor stall from stopping motor at 3 seconds in stall
* Short Circuits protection: controller protected once two or all of three phase lines are connected.

All of above functionalities are software based and will not increase the cost. PSoc system makes parts number as low as possible with its in-chip function blocks. This lowers the cost of hardware and improves reliability.

The newest product functionalities includes: 8 second cruise, running regeneration, alarm lock motor, 3-speed mode, 74hc164 serial indicators, three-wheeler reverse run button, sensorless brushless, non-standstill start and ratio pedal assistance for exportation.

Actually I'm curious about their "New speakable controller developed" announced in 2008 but doesn't seem to be part of their current product lineup and no details just a pic:
Improve2008610212948305.gif

tks
Lock

Lock said:
Actually I'm curious about their "New speakable controller developed" announced in 2008
Some guy racing down the street on a bicycle screaming
FASTER - FASTER - FASTER

has anyone tested one of these ? where can i purchase one from ??

Maybe write `em and ask? email to jane@lsdzs.com

...Looks like they are OEM focused but might sell a one "sample" of from current production if they have something up your alley?

G'Luck
loCk

i tried that and they woulnt sell me one !

Hopefuly somone is reselling them somehwere ?

I bought one some time ago. Hyena bought a few more recently. It prob depends on how you ask them..

The controller works very well - not a single misfire for almost a year and ~ 10,000km

Even works with a low Kv, star wired RC motor, wink-wink.

Does anyone know if this uses flux-vector control rather than BEMF sniffing?

Can't tell, but it looks more like BEMF - there's a tiny uC plug-in board that takes in phase signals and spits out hall sequence.

Took a pic of the waveforms when I first got it:DSC01106.JPG

The lower waveform looks like it might be pinging it to find the flux peak perhaps? (i might be dreaming.)

Does it require starting the motor with a jerk? (pre-programmed commutation sequence)

Interestingly, the small controllers fitted to those cheap eBay bargain bikes I bought also use the Cypress CY8Y24423 chip and seem to have proper power/torque control when operated in pedelec mode. It also looks very like that controller with the speaker in the photo above, but without the speaker.

My guess is that the same company makes these as makes the small ones I have.

Jeremy

Crystalyte "digital" controllers also use the Cypress chip

I'm not sure what the startup algorithm is, but all the halls lines are idling at 5Hz (IIRC) when the motor is stationary

so now the question still remains where to buy these from ! someone must be distributing them ?

Does anyone have the wiring diagram of a controller as in
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=22411
for an e-bike 36v 250watt motor with only Bafang throttle without sensors and without the PAS. In practice, run the engine throttle through easily.
Help me this is very important
I just bought another new controller.
Thanks. :)

Back