A good 24 v battery for my e-bike?

N@nd1n21

1 µW
Hi First ever question to the web .ok I know I have to look at the voltage and per hour thing , but I kinda get lost there!!, what’s a battery that would give me 60+ miles for my 24 v xtreme trail maker bought it used, so battery dies quick , but I love the bike , easy and able to jump off surfaces, bought a gas bike afterwards for 900 bucks motoredlife site, regret it , so hoping to get a simple answer I’m

Last edited:
A pedal bike will go more than 60 miles at a time without a battery, so your range is more than a function of your battery capacity.

At 24V, you're likely to need about one amp-hour per mile of range, which implies a pretty big battery. You can extend the range by relying less on the motor and more on the pedals (but where's the fun in that?)

If you put a bunch of packs like this in parallel with each other (after making sure to charge them all to the same voltage before joining them), you can use as many as necessary to achieve your range goals.

If you put a bunch of packs like this in parallel with each other (after making sure to charge them all to the same voltage before joining them), you can use as many as necessary to achieve your range goals.
Would you recommend Batteryevo.com ... such as wiring a few of these 24v 2170 5000mAh modules in parallel ...

Would you recommend Batteryevo.com ... such as wiring a few of these 24v 2170 5000mAh modules in parallel ...

Those don't have BMS or an active balancer, which makes them more complicated to live with. But if you're prepared to either balance then manually now and again, or install your own BMS on each pack, then that would work fine.

Back