A thing for fatties

Hi Ozzzz, thanks and same back to you. This bike was a bargain at $700 from cycling deal, not sure if they've got any left at that price now.
Watch this space as I have more planned for this beast. I have a q128h 135mm hub motor and s12sh controller and weinman 36h x 80mm rim on the way for the front end so 2wd fatty is the goal. Control will be dual PAS with separate LCDs and single left side thumb throttle for extra boost when needed. Going by the bafang 750w rear hubs performance I am thinking that with front PAS at 1-2 and rear at 2-3 I'm hoping that will get me up steep sand dunes with some added pedal power from my legs.
The reason for doing this is I am planning to do a Simpson desert crossing on this bike with 4wd support. I will have 3 batteries all up 1 on the bike and the other 2 on charge by solar panels mounted on the 4WD. The trip will be next year around September so plenty of time to work on a reliable setup.
Here's some photos of how it sits now, I've added a front fender, repacked my battery with an extra 5ah for 12s 15ah, tidied up the controller with a plastic box to hide the plugs and also added a set of LED lights for night riding.
The 2017 model looks the same except the tires which seem to be Wheeler branded. I'd have to say that tires was the best upgrade to this bike and then a toss up between the Luna fork and the suntour suspension seat post.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    56 KB · Views: 617
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    53.4 KB · Views: 617
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    57.1 KB · Views: 617
Just a side joke...

Hey you know what they say about fatties right?
More...
Cushion For The Pushing ;)
Plus they're not as intimidating for some to chat up (as compared to "hotties") and you know most "fatties" have perfected blow-jobs.

Sounds like an adventurous plan Ian. I'm envious!
Coming along well. That big moto guard should be effective. You wont need excess carriage I take it, with support, no bags and racks?

Can I ask how tall you are (for that seat height) ? I'm keen to buy another but 21" may be a bit big.
These are the last stock, like Charge bikes, Wheeler have stopped making the fatties :(

Ozzzz said:
Sounds like an adventurous plan Ian. I'm envious!
Coming along well. That big moto guard should be effective. You wont need excess carriage I take it, with support, no bags and racks?

Can I ask how tall you are (for that seat height) ? I'm keen to buy another but 21" may be a bit big.
These are the last stock, like Charge bikes, Wheeler have stopped making the fatties :(
Yeah adventurous or crazy :lol: either way it should be fun. I plan to have a 2 litre camelback of water and some energy bars on board and not much else maybe a few tools, pump and a tube. My friend offered to drive support for me as he has dodgy knees and can't ride for long so we will take 2 E-fatties so he can have a few short rides in the dunes, plus it will be a backup bike. I'm 5'11 the 21" is just right for me and with the seat post all the way down its good for steep downhill stuff but way too low for regular trail riding. I would love to build up a carbon frame fatty but I've got too many bikes already or so my missus keeps saying :lol:
markz said:
Just a side joke...

Hey you know what they say about fatties right?
More...
Cushion For The Pushing ;)
Plus they're not as intimidating for some to chat up (as compared to "hotties") and you know most "fatties" have perfected blow-jobs.
:lol: well I'm always up for pushin some cushin or ridin a fatty :mrgreen:

Back