A123 Cells, new, legit, factory direct!

Sybesmas modules work out cheaper than stated above. I talked with Hank and Stacy @ Sybesma. It is 20 usd per ah. Of the 24v module (2×12v). They could sell you without the board which is -1/3 so 23 Amp Hour pack formula would be – 23x$20 (equals $460) Less 1/3 ($153), 307usd + s/h, 3.49usd per cell. Dont forget they are assembled, so no aditional cost other than cutting interlinking and some cable.
I whent pursuing them by stupid mistake, I saw Holland and overlooked USA, so shipping was a problem.

wb9k said:
eBikeWannaBe said:
tomjasz said:
Being very new, and struggling to understand battery systems, I have a very basic question. I followed links to your pages and saw the ALM_12V7.
Could three ALM_12V7 be used as a battery group to power a 36V system? It seems a very clean and reasonably small package, and under albs, as an Ebike battery set.
Those batteries are 4.6AH so your range would be rather limited.

Yep. The 12V7 has 26650's inside in 4S2P. Not an optimal package for this type of application. You could run a gang of them in series-parallel to get more capacity, but that would just get silly. I believe 48V is the limit for stringing them in series. No limit to the number of parallel packs that I'm aware of.
Got it, thanks. My basic DC class this fall will be a big help. I missed the 4.6AH. :oops:

tomjasz said:
Got it, thanks. My basic DC class this fall will be a big help. I missed the 4.6AH. :oops:

I've been cycle testing some ALM's for capacity and they tend to be closer to 4.8Ahr with an end of discharge cut off of 12V.

--Erik @ EVDM (buyA123batteries.com)

Back