A2B Metro plug pins map?

desq

100 µW
Hi Everybody,

I have bought an A2B Metro as a spares and repairs job very cheaply, should be an interesting project.

I'm pretty sure that the rear battery will need rebuilding, I've read a lot about how to rebuild bike batteries and I know some other people with experience of ebike battery rebuilds so I may have a go at that. But before I start disassembling the battery pack I'd like to make sure that the bike is running ok.

I have a couple of lead-acid batteries I can wire get the same voltage as the battery pack to use as a test, but was wondering if anybody could tell me what the function for each pin in the socket which goes from the bike to the rear battery is so I can wire up the test power circuit to mimic the power supply from the rear battery.

Any help appreciated!

Assuming yours is like mine (Velociti)...and it must be for batteries to be interchangeable ?...then this is how mine are configured..
Looking at the connector on the frame..there are 5 male pins and one "key" to allign the connectors.
The pin directly oposite the "key" is spare and does nothing i can determine.
With the "key" at the top (12 Oclock position), the two pins on the left are both +ve contacts, and the two on the right are both -ve contacts. I suspect they just doubled up on pins to reduce the amp load on contacts and wires.
Hope this helps.
I will try to draw up a diagram and post it

I've opened up the battery. You are right about two pins each for positive/negative on each side.

The pin at the top does have a use, and there is also a small sixth pin both have a wire on the inside going to the circuit board..

On the inside of the plug the extra wires are coloured orange and yellow in addition to the red and back power pins

Hmm..? I could make a few wild guesses as to those wires, but, there is only a 2 wire connection between the frame pack and the controller in the motor, so i am at a loss to think what they are doing.
Both my A2b's...a Metro, and a Velociti, will run perfectly using just power connections to those four pins on the connector

That will be my next check. To hook the bike up to a 36v power source and see if it is operating OK without the extra wires being connected. If so then I can have a choice of using a ready made generic pack or rebuilding the existing pack.

A generic pack would be around 200 pounds. Rebuilding the existing pack would be between 110 and 150 pounds and probably most of a days work in soldering and spot welding.

Now I understand the structure of the cells configuration n the pack I would be quite confident that I could do it. But since it's a first time there is always a risk...

Back