Advice needed: 2x3s 8000mah series

drmacgyver

100 W
I need some advice on how to connect two of these in series: ZIPPY Flightmax 8000mAh 3S1P 30C
Should I swap the pre-soldered 5.5mm bullets to something different, or keep those and design my series connector around the 5.5mm's?

Using a HK 150a car ESC with 10awg wire. I added 4mm bullets in housing to match the 4mm's on my 6s 5000mah, which is obviously being replaced.
This is my charger: IMAX B6-AC Charger/Discharger 1-6 Cells

Obviously you can connect the two in series with the stock 5.5mm bullet. But since much of your stuff is now on 4mm bullets, the sensible thing is to convert to 4mm bullets.

This can be awkward, since you have such a fat wire on the pack now. My preference has been to use crimp sleeves to attach a small piece of wire, with the 4mm bullet on it. I don't like stuffing too fat wire into connector housings.

Basically, converting all my packs to 4mm bullets. Then I have lots of various adapters I made for paralleling, extending length, etc, in 4mm bullet.

But if you don't have so much stuff in 4mm, then converting the bike and the charger to 5.5mm makes sense if you will continue to use the higher discharge rate packs.

Back