Andes Ebikes...regards from Argentina.

Andes

1 mW
Hi,

I'm from Argentina but I'm not a new member I was Kaño, but my user disappeared and I couldn't recover it, I think it something about the "ñ" letter. So now that I have a new name without funny letters in it, I want to show you people, my latest two ebikes.

The first one is an aluminium tandem witch I build to tour around town with my wife, when I told her I wanted to convert the tandem to electrical power she shouted and coursed in so many languages that I cant remember all of them, she likes to do spinning at the gym and thought this electric motor stuff would ruin the tandem...Then the first time I could convince her to take a ride, WOW !! she couldn't get the Esmile from her face! :D...I said: That a job well done, don't you think.

Here is a picture:
img1143tl.jpg

Some details:
MAC motor 500w plastic gears in a 26 inch wheel.
48v 9 Fet controller
12S Chinese Lipo pack in a Panasonic camcorder bag at the back.

We are having a lot of fun riding it together, I totally recommend it, for is a great way to include our wife's in our hobby. (this allows me to waste more money in this toys!)

This is my other ebike, it is a Stingray Chopper...

It has a X5304 radial laced with custom 3mm spokes (super huge spokes indeed!) in a 20 inch wheel. The rim is from USchoppers it is 3inches wide.
Front and rear hydraulics disk brakes, this little bike was tested up to 67km/h at full charge (86v). Perhaps it could go faster but I didn't wanted to try...

img1147o.jpg

Controller is a Crystalyte 18 fets with shunt modification pulling 73 amps peak, as seen on the CA.
Battery pack is a 24S3p A123 made from Dewalts packs. It is divided into 3 8S3P packs witch I charge in parallel. I made some custom parallel board to plug all the 8S sub pack in. ( you can see in the picture, the brown boards.)
It has a cut off key (red big Key below the seat) for the main power, and the tiny white lamp button is for the precharge resistor.

img1151rl.jpg

Here is how I charger the battery... all 3 8S3P pack in parallel to my Icharger 1010B, I put 2 pc blowers to refrigerate the charger, because it gets very hot at full power, also I use the metal box of my old charger as a heat sink, it turned out quite well, at full power it stays cool to the touch. Also you can see another parallel board with a celllog unit, just to be sure the charger readings are ok. (As I write this I think I have to many parallel boards dont you think?)

img1141y.jpg

At the handlebars I installed my CA, a cruise control unit (very fancy but hardly used because of the city traffic), a 3 speed button ( it is labelled LHM, but I discovered that M is high and H is medium...), and a red tunning switch for my Led lights at the stem.

img1148b.jpg

This are the front lights made of two car led lamp, very bright lights but road illumination is not good, at least incoming cars know I'm there.

img1149dq.jpg

And this is the back light, all lights are powered by its own battery witch is a laptop 3S1p lilo cells from a netbook, that can be seen at the front end picture above, it is zip tied to the Hanebrink fork.

img1150zm.jpg
[/URL]

By the way, that seat is extremely comfortable, it has gel and eslatomers suspension.

And yes..... the bike has no pedals! but what the hell, cops only pulls me over to ask me about the bike! :mrgreen:

Well I think that is all, I love this bike!!... hope you people like it.

Wasn't she just spinning on the back all along, while you pedaled your ass off up front? For sure, if you like spinning, an ebike is perfect for that.

Nice setup, nice and tidy.

dogman said:
Wasn't she just spinning on the back all along, while you pedaled your ass off up front? For sure, if you like spinning, an ebike is perfect for that.

Nice setup, nice and tidy.

Thank you Dogman!

Also this bike is equipped with a "VCR" witch it stands for "Variable Chattering Regulator!" if she chat too much, you can just start to fake pedalling and she will be out of breath in no time! bringing to you the joy of silence to your hears, at least for a while.. :lol:

Dont know where you are... I bought it in Argentina, I suppose you can get a tandem anywhere in the world. :D

PD: Post updated with my other ebike!

If you don't mind me asking, how much do you weigh? I have that small chopper bike and I think I might have bent the frame. I was about 180 lbs at the time. I was planning to make it electric, but I was cruising around the neighborhood in the mean time and the crank started squeaking, so I thought maybe I bent the frame in the bottom bracket area. But it looks like you packed quite a bit of weight on that build. How long have you been riding it? Is it holding up?

I love your VCR tech! Brilliant! ;)

Jay64 said:
If you don't mind me asking, how much do you weigh? I have that small chopper bike and I think I might have bent the frame. I was about 180 lbs at the time. I was planning to make it electric, but I was cruising around the neighbourhood in the mean time and the crank started squeaking, so I thought maybe I bent the frame in the bottom bracket area. But it looks like you packed quite a bit of weight on that build. How long have you been riding it? Is it holding up?

Hi Jay64,

I weight 83 kilograms, around 182lbs, and the frame is holding up very well. I tour around my neighbourhood every weekend, I think I have about 264 km in the odometer, reaching speeds of 60km/h doing hard breaking and pulling strong acceleration and I didn't have problems with the frame. Perhaps it is the bottom bracket bearing that is making noise in your bike.

Hi liveforphysics,
I'm glad you like the VCR! jajaja it worth every penny!

Nice builds, dude. Where'd you get those footpegs that sit where the bottom bracket goes?

neptronix said:
Nice builds, dude. Where'd you get those foot pegs that sit where the bottom bracket goes?

Thank you neptronix! Those foot pegs are made from a piece of pvc pipe. It is a plastic pipe I had left from some work I had done in my bathroom. :mrgreen: It was suppose to be temporal...

Back