android phone GPS tracker / security system ?

knighty

10 kW
anyone have any recommendations for an android gps tracker app?

I've bought a GPS tracker... but an android phone could be so much better... I just can;t find an app that does what I want/need

I'd love to hide an android phone in my frame, and then have it track gps info etc..

then be able to text it so it'll turn everything on (gps, wifi, data etc. etc.)

and then for it to tell me where it is...

maybe even do something via Bluetooth and an arudino, beep the horn on the bike etc...

anyone have any recommendations ? I can't find anything good anywhere :-(

I'm now using a GeoGram One, some info here: http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=53985&start=0#p804060

I'm still learning the ropes... but it is programmable through the arduio IDE and has general purpose digital and analog pinouts. I would expect the dedicated tracker to have longer battery life than a phone, but I have not done much testing. I basically keep its battery topped of, and if I'm going to leave the bike anywhere I turn the tracer on and stash it on the bike. Long term, I'd like to hide the tracker somewhere in the frame, make it hard to find/disable

Look for integrated trackers "spy bike" and "spy lamp". Pretty much exactly what you are looking for.

knighty said:
I've bought a GPS tracker... but an android phone could be so much better... I just can;t find an app that does what I want/need

Google already had you covered there! Just go to " android device manager" while logged into the Google account connected to your phone. You instantly get a location and you can ring/wipe remotely.

Otherwise, Glympse has more functionality. But the integrated trackers do the same with any SIM, activated by vibration when armed.

MattyCiii said:
I'm now using a GeoGram One, some info here: http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=53985&start=0#p804060

I'm still learning the ropes... but it is programmable through the arduio IDE and has general purpose digital and analog pinouts. I would expect the dedicated tracker to have longer battery life than a phone, but I have not done much testing. I basically keep its battery topped of, and if I'm going to leave the bike anywhere I turn the tracer on and stash it on the bike. Long term, I'd like to hide the tracker somewhere in the frame, make it hard to find/disable

WOW that looks awesome ! exactly what I need, thanks for the info/link :)

xenodius said:
Google already had you covered there! Just go to " android device manager" while logged into the Google account connected to your phone. You instantly get a location and you can ring/wipe remotely

I saw that, but I'd really like to be able to set the horn off remotely... if my bike gets nicked and I can track it.. I could take/send the police to the right area... but not pinpoint exactly where it is... or not accurately enough for the police to go pushing there way into someone house...

if I can set the horn off (it's 72v and pretty loud)... the police will know exactly where is it... and they'll legally be allowed to kick someone's door in to get it if need be ;)

knighty said:
xenodius said:
Google already had you covered there! Just go to " android device manager" while logged into the Google account connected to your phone. You instantly get a location and you can ring/wipe remotely

I saw that, but I'd really like to be able to set the horn off remotely... if my bike gets nicked and I can track it.. I could take/send the police to the right area... but not pinpoint exactly where it is... or not accurately enough for the police to go pushing there way into someone house...

if I can set the horn off (it's 72v and pretty loud)... the police will know exactly where is it... and they'll legally be allowed to kick someone's door in to get it if need be ;)

Yeah, I know nothing about how to make that geogram work, but I think I'm going to learn because that looks actually pretty great!

Back