Another great craigslist find.yescomusa

PeteB

10 W
Hello everyone,I thought I would share another craigslist find,

He was asking 180.00.I offered 120.00 on the phone and he said that would work.When I got to his house I just lifted the front wheel off the ground hit the throttle and handed him 120.00..he said that's it? no test ride?I said no that's all I needed to see..LOL

This is a 2011 Schwinn 26" sidewinder with a yescom 48v 1000w front wheel kit..It has worn out 12v8ah's on it but I am putting 4 12v12ah's on it.I have them from another ebike that I sold.

The guy didn't know which yescom kit it was but after I got home unloaded the bike and seen the 1000w stamped on the hubmotor I said score!LOL

I have been after this kit for my wife's 26" riverside cruiser since last year when wesnewell recommended it.Can anyone identify which controller this is and what amp rating it may be?

Remember to search your local Craigslist ads often.

Attachments

• IMG_0013.JPG
    IMG_0013.JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 1,139
  • IMG_0012.JPG
    IMG_0012.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 1,139
  • IMG_0004.JPG
    IMG_0004.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 1,139
Looks like the standard controller the 1000W kits come with. It'll be a 30A 15 fet controller in any case. I got an EB215 with mine, but that was over 3 years ago. That was a steal at $120. Hope you got a bill of sale, just in case it was really a steal.

So you're saying this is definitely not a EB215? I think the date code on the hub shows 2012?The newer controllers with these kits looks like all of the wires come out of a single oval hole instead of two round holes.

I buy and sell on CL all the time all you need top do is print out the add with the pic of the item and phone number and write their address on it and keep it to cover your azz..

I highly doubt it's an EB215. Only way to know for sure is to open it up. You might see a number by just opening the end cap.

Looks like the older of the two kits on yescomusa. It came with the bike and everything? That's a ridiculous find!!

How do these yescom kits compare with the 9c winding numbers/models I.E 2806 2807?..Some one had posted that the 48v1000 was a 2806 but is that the case? would the 500w be a 2807?

They are the same as the GM 901 motors, and may be GM motors since they have GM part numbers on them. Google the part number on the hub motor. I think the 1000W motors are considerably higher rated than the 9C, which I think are rated at 600W. Ask dogman, he;s ridden both, and commented how he was impressed with the yescomusa kit.

i actually knew that is was a gm but the ebike simulator does not list gm motors...I'm guessing with the 30amp controller and 48v12ah sla will top out @ 25mph and get about 10 miles at best..Hope every one is having a great 4h of July weekend..

Crack open that controller!
My recently purchased Yescomusa kit came with a 12FET, 26A max controller with 63V caps. Best I can tell, the 48V 1000W motor is a 2807.

The closest thing to it on the simulator is the H3540. With 5ah 15C 14s lipo I got over 30mph on my rear kit.

I would say both are "rated" the same wattage more or less, any real difference being because of wire size to the hub or plugs. Stuff you can change. The real watt limit of these motors is when the windings saturate, somewhere around 3000w or so.

Nice deal, you got about the right price on a used motor kit, and the bike is gravy.

Back