Antivirus Software

_Chris_ said:
macandlinux.jpg
GNU/Linux free software foundation founder & advocate Richard Stallman having his favorite snack :D

[youtube]I25UeVXrEHQ[/youtube]

Bonus story: Mae Ling Mak meets Richard Stallman :D

I can see the family resemblance in the photo and video

marty said:
Been using AVG Free. About a week ago I see a little note at the bottom of the screen saying the hard drive is almost all filled up. Look at the different folders to see what is going on? There is nothing listed in the file size column? Seems that, that is the way Windows 7 is. Can see file size when you roll the mouse over the folders. Find 47GB of who knows what here: Computer > Local Disk (C:) > ProgramData > AVG10 > Dumps. Delete all the files in that Dumps folder. A few hours latter it fills up again. AVG went berserk. Try to remove AVG and get a error message. Downloaded avg_remover_stf_x64_2011_1322.exe This works. Black screens with white words flashing around for a few minutes and AVG is gone. Reinstall AVG. All is OK till today. AVG was preventing email program from receiving emails.

Can any one recommend a free Virus Program that does not cause problems?

List of antivirus software
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_antivirus_software

Update
Problem was bad hard drive. The Corsair company sent me a new solid state hard drive. Three year warranty.
Replaced Corsair Reactor Series CSSD-R120GB2-BRKT
With Corsair Force Series CSSD-F115GB2-BRKT-A

Happy to say that random problems have ended. Still using AVG Free.

Back