Any experience with this hub motor?

Enduro High Power Hub motor

Does anyone have any experience with this motor? If so how does it compare, power speed and torque with the GMAC? Yes I have used the motor simulator, but don't have motor specs for this motor and many have said the Motor simulator is not really all that accurate IRL
You are asking the worng questions. I'm not sure what "power speed" is, but the approx. top speed/ motor speed range (wind) relationship is given in the guide and it seems to me that although the top speeds given are rather high, the relationship is there.
You need to determin how fast you want to go and match the motor wind/wheel size/ batt. voltage to achive that goal. That is the key to a satisifing build.
Personally, I would always prefer a 52 V batt. over a 37 V one as higher Volts/lower speed range system is going to be more efficient than a lower Volts/higher speed range one.
If you went w/ a 52 V system on a donor bike w/ 26"/27.5" wheels, then it would come down to which motor wind.
Folks often get "speed greedy" and pick too high a speed range, only to end w/ a dog on even moderate hills and unless your riding area is compleatly flat and you need to go as fast as possible, I recommend against a 6T. I would suspect the 8T in the system described above would do around 30 MPH and the 10T would be in the 25 MPH range.
After the battery and motor speed range, the next important choice would be the controller and that's a whole other disscussion.
If, by your questions, you were trying to determin the quality of the motor, there really is no answer to which is "best". They are all about the same and unless the above parameters are badly mis-matched, motors seldom fail and it will probably outlast the battery.
Just to put a point on that assertion, I've had a couple of "high-quality" Ezee motors (in the vane of the GMAC motors) and although they were very smooth and quiet (and very neet and tidy inside), the inexpensive Bafang and MXUS motors I've used outlasted them.
For a 26" wheels bike, I would go with the 10T, 30 Amp controller and either the 52V/15Ah or 52V/21Ah batt.
25 MPH is fast enough for me.
Figure about 1 1/2 miles per Ah on Batt. range.
Wow, I just saw that you double posted, so I guess I wasted my time.
Thanks a lot

Last edited:
Back