Arlo's CRX-E Its almost a shifter kart

Oh and we went and got insurance today and had them change the color on the registration but the goernment computers for ICBC wont alow them to choose pink :roll: we got to choose from red,purple,or orange :roll: I showed the ins dude the pic on my phone and he choose purple lol. Yup aweosome when I out run the cops they will report a pink crx and they will search it in their computers and non will show up. :mrgreen:

OK so its on the road as a gas burning PITA for now. But this is the future plans with out the ICE ;) I do live in canada!
[youtube]77GQThYM_18[/youtube]

put two 18 inch SPL woofer + 20kW amp i any car and you'll have rattle in less than one week :mrgreen: ... alot in CRX!!,... but crazy SPL !!

Doctorbass said:
put two 18 inch SPL woofer + 20kW amp i any car and you'll have rattle in less than one week :mrgreen: ... alot in CRX!!,... but crazy SPL !!
Lol yeh now that we are driving it there is a couple rattles but they are easy to fix the metal rods in the doors for the lock and open mechanisms are on of them so some foam or rubber hose wrapped around them and the hatch has one too. But I wont fix them just yet because as I was teaching my girlfriend how to drive manual last night, I was trying to explain for hill starts let the clutch out till the rpm lowers just a bit then hold the clutch at that position and remove your foot from the brake and place it on the gas then work the gas a clutch. She is french and didn't like having to understand rpm lol so when she got a good hill start a couple times she said all excited "see all you had to tell me was listen for the rattle" (it will rattle when the clutch starts to engage and the engine rpm lowers).

But as for rattles how much vibration are we going to have with no ICE?

Are you gonna get some lower/stiffer springs for it?
I just realized that with an independent motor and controller for each wheel, you could do tank steering... might be kinda fun on ice :mrgreen:

fizzit said:
Are you gonna get some lower/stiffer springs for it?
I just realized that with an independent motor and controller for each wheel, you could do tank steering... might be kinda fun on ice :mrgreen:
It has lowering springs and it doesnt ride to bad but I will get adjustable coil overs eventualy. Tank sterring lol How about makeing all the wheels spin one at a time to warm them up or spin all 4 in different directions! :)

Have you made any progress on this build? We ended up buying a 96 del sol. It's a little heavier but there's plenty of trunk room for batteries

Yup its on the road burning gas as I research motor and controller technology

what if you could swap out the toyota synergy drive for the honda engine and tranny, maybe unbolt the entire engine subframe and find a prius swap from a wreck and make it fit the bolt pattern on the frame, maybe welded to the honda subframe parts. then build it up on lithium with a plug in hybrid conversion. it would be so retro forward. but using gas while gas is cheap is a good argument imo.

Might look into using the honda insight brushless motors. They are about $200 on ebay and about 20hp. They sit right on the crankshaft so it does not have its own axle but that might not be a bad thing for a in wheel setup. There was a thread on one of the rc forums with pics.

It. Will not be in wheel motors. They will be gear reduced then hooked to a cv shaft so the unsprung weight is low and the gear reduction increases hp!

Hillhater said:
Arlo1 said:
It. Will not be in wheel motors. They will be gear reduced then hooked to a cv shaft so the unsprung weight is low and the gear reduction increases hp!

:shock: Thats a neat trick...using gears to increase hp ! :lol:
..if you can do that..you will be a very rich man !
LOL sorry I meant by gearing it down I can up the rpm of the motor to increase HP. Every electric motor has saturation points for a given rpm and with a wheel spinning ~1500-2000 rpm I will want to gear reduce the motor so it spins at a higher rpm the higher the rpm the more HP you can make from the motor (until you hit rpm limits of the motor.) I am looking at finding prices for the Rimac motors they spin at 13,500 rpm (I belive it is.)

Seems ligit. I should update this threat. I now have 3 big induction motors. I think I can make one into a fast bled who wants to give me links to cheep but good magnets and a rotor design that won't loose the magnets at hi rpm? I'm thinking a rotor made from steal with magnets with counter sunk screws and locktight hisol. Simple and easy to build...

Back