Battery and controller question/s

jangles

1 W
I have no idea what I'm doing around electrics so I have added pictures and am asking for your help . I have a 2hub drive bike from BTN 350 rear 250 front and would like to get a battery pak from Luna as an add on / spare . The system is 48v 10.4 ah and is downtube mounted . My question is will this controller handle a 52v battery or should I get a spare battery like the one I have already ? If so , where can I find this battery ? TIA .

The controller should work fine with a 52v battery except the low battery cutoff is 41v, which would be pretty low. Normally you would want to avoid running the battery so long that you hit this limit anyway. The battery has its own internal BMS that will cut off before the cells are damaged, so the cutoff in the controller would be redundant.

Thanks for the speedy reply . So I understand or think that the ah is what really does the heat damage to motors and controllers . Giving that's the case what 52v battery and amp combination would be safe to run ? This is a new bike with 25 miles on it , if that matters . TIA

The Ahr is a measure of capacity. This determines how long you can run but has no effect on the power or heating (other than you can run longer and possibly heat more). The limit current is what really determines heating, along with how much load you put on the motor.

At 15A, you have something over 800w going into the motor. If you try to go up a really long, steep hill without pedaling, the motor could possibly overheat. I don't think it will be an issue with your setup.

The controllers capacitors will be 60v rated, 14s/52v max charge is 58.8v so within the limits, aim for 46.2v lvc which is 3.3v per cell group.

hemo said:
The controllers capacitors will be 60v rated, 14s/52v max charge is 58.8v so within the limits, aim for 46.2v lvc which is 3.3v per cell group.

Thanks , I think . I have no idea what you are saying . The numbers o the controller all all I know or have . Work , no work , that is the question. I am dumb , forgive me . TIA

? Do you already have a 48v battery now ? If the motor is running fast and not lugging it will never heat up. If you put it ( load )on the ground it will get hotter if you seat on it and it will heat up more on flat land . If going up little hill a little more heat going up big hill and slows down that All heat. Or load. Just load a drill being pushef to hard. Electric motors like to run fast and free the more resistance the more the motor will melt. Yes you can run the front motor at 48 volts and the rear at 52 and two different systems but I would keep everything at 48v if you already have one 48 volt battery then it is.

Back