BBS02 Noise + other issues

allu666

1 µW
So I've rode my BBS02b total of 870 kilometers and I think the noise has become much louder, especially recently after replacing damaged controller.

Here is an video of the noise
In the video I am going through PAS levels 1-5 (I use only 5) with the throttle, then going down and repeating. The noise gets the most loudest at PAS 5 of course, but to me it sounds like there is some kind of grinding noise coming from the unit.

I'm currently on my third controller, both previous controllers failed after 400kilometers and each time I have changed the controller, I've also added some grease to the gears on the controller side, so I am worried the noise might be coming from the non drive side?

Only after the latest replacement I've noticed the noise getting oddly loud. The previous controller went down with 12H error (which later disappeared, but motor didnt spin) and the first controller worked randomly with terrible noise and vibration, and then always stopped working when letting the throttle go. With both "damaged controllers" the screen showed the motor taking 29watts with the throttle, but would not spin.

So is this noise normal, or could it be that there is something wrong with the unit? Could the controller failures be related to this? other than the noise, the motor works and has no issues currently, except on the screen I've noticed the power drop down for a second even though the bike is going full speed.

also, the red stuff you see on my controller is silicone. I tried to seal it more because I am afraid of water getting in the controller.

Last edited:
Back