BBSHD error 30 even after disconnecting all the wires. Is the controller fried?

regan03

10 mW
Disconnected everything except for the display (DPC18) wire and the throttle wire.

Is the controller broken? Is there a different way to check?

Error 30 is a communication failure between the display and the controller. It could be either the display or the controller or the cable between them. Unplug all the connectors between the display and the controller and carefully inspect the connector pins. Sometimes a pin gets bent. Also check the length of the cable for any visible damage. If you still get error 30 after checking the connections, it's hard to know if it is from the display or the controller unless you have another one to test with.

Just found this suspect. Could this be the culprit?

Attachments

• IMG_20240501_181515_1.jpg
    IMG_20240501_181515_1.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 16
Just found this suspect. Could this be the culprit?
There are a few very small wires inside, 2 or 3 of which seem to be broken.

Shouldn't the display not turn on at all if this cable was the reason for the error 30? If i unplug this cable the display doesn't turn on at all.

There are a few very small wires inside, 2 or 3 of which seem to be broken.

Shouldn't the display not turn on at all if this cable was the reason for the error 30? If i unplug this cable the display doesn't turn on at all.
I've repaired this wire but I still get the error. I guess the controller is fried ... :(

It could also be the display or just the cable itself. It's hard to know unless you have a working spare to swap with.

The USB controller programming cables (with the blinky L.E.D.s) would give you a visual confirmation of the data comings and goings.

The USB controller programming cables (with the blinky L.E.D.s) would give you a visual confirmation of the data comings and goings.
That's a good idea. If you can connect to the controller with the programming cable, it would point to the display being bad.

Thanks for the suggestion.
Apparently the controller is fried :( ...
Can I install a 52V controller on this 48v motor?

Thanks for the suggestion.
Apparently the controller is fried :( ...
Can I install a 52V controller on this 48v motor?
My take is, "sure, why not", but I'm hoping somebody else chimes in here or on your other thread a knowledgeable yay/nay confirmation.

Yes, the 52v controller will work fine as long as you have a 52v battery. The only real difference is the high/low cutoff voltages and the range of the voltage meter on the display.

Yes, the 52v controller will work fine as long as you have a 52v battery. The only real difference is the high/low cutoff voltages and the range of the voltage meter on the display.
Yup, I've got a 52V battery. Thanks for your help.

Back