• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

BBSHD purchase advice

zoumerela

1 mW
Hello everybody, nice to be here! I would like to buy a BBSHD with a matching 52V21Ah battery to convert my Scott Ransom 30 to an ebike. Will there be compatibility issues, do I need to do any programming, or is it just plug and ride?
What's up with the fancy ASI BAC 800 controller, do I need it?

Is there anything else I need to consider before purchasing?
Thank you!

Hi Zoumerela,

Just check the BB (Bottom Bracket) to fit your bike in mm otherwise is just a plug and play ride. You need to remove the crankset and the front derailler. The BBSHD with the correct programming don't need an ASI Bac 800 controller but If you reprogram the BBSHD it ruin your warranty (illegal). I have a BBS02 750 W (with the Carl's sauce programming) and it's fun to ride but If i have to do the move again the BBSHD is the mid drive to have in this power range (1000 Watts and over).

The External controller can run the BBSHD with more Volt giving you more power and top speed with the same gearing, then the choice is yours, good day!
Ariane

Hi Zoumerela,

If you have the correct tools to remove a crankset and a front derailler yes, otherwise your local bike shop can do it for you. Many video on you tube explain how to do the install it is very straight forward. For programming you need a USB cable for Bafang motor I found mine on Amazon.

Good day!
Ariane

zoumerela said:
Hello everybody, nice to be here! I would like to buy a BBSHD with a matching 52V21Ah battery to convert my Scott Ransom 30 to an ebike. Will there be compatibility issues, do I need to do any programming, or is it just plug and ride?
What's up with the fancy ASI BAC 800 controller, do I need it?

Is there anything else I need to consider before purchasing?
Thank you!

Can you show bicycle ? And what yours plan for battery place ?

Back