Better zip ties and other materials for making life better.

It would suceed eventually. Look at gorilla. Started out with good glue, then tape, now I think hey I should try that with any product good enough to be gorilla brand. I hope they start selling gorilla zipties soon.

dogman said:
It would suceed eventually. Look at gorilla. Started out with good glue, then tape, now I think hey I should try that with any product good enough to be gorilla brand. I hope they start selling gorilla zipties soon.

I'm silly enough to actually contact Gorilla and suggest ZIP TIES to them.
And I just did. :lol:

Re: Zip Ties

Try name brands?

3M
http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/3MElectrical/Home/ProductsServices/ProductCatalog/?PC_7_RJH9U52300RQ50ISL93Q0T24Q5_nid=LCLB2LLDQZbeG5D0T5FX3Wgl

Panduit
http://www.panduit.com/Products/ProductOverviews/CableTies/index.htm

Thomas & Betts
http://www.tnb.com/ps/pubint/index.cgi?a=get_sub&cid=2

Buy at electrical places. Not Home Depot. Not Harbor Freight. Get sunlight resistant cable ties for outside, they are usually black.

T & B high performance ones are the ones that last. They use a small stainless metal section for the lock and are made of nylon. Industrial grade stuff.

auraslip said:
Not that anyone with out hours(years of hours) of experience, mixing could tell the difference.
hhmm, had to think about that one...In my experience years of clubbing, DJing and studio recording does not help you hear better quality, they only degrade your hearing. But so does using shitty headphones like the Beat. If you're a well rounded DJ/producer/recording engineer then it's much better to degrade your hearing using GOOD HEADPHONES, :lol: ! That way, your ears will demand only quality equipment.

But if you're not a well rounded audiophile and only listen to boomy rap and hip-hop 24/7/365, still.. don't get shitty Beat headphones, get inexpensive shitty headphones :lol: . Anything's gotta be better than Beats. :lol: ! I shake my head when I think how bad my nephews got ripped off..

I think the best way to tell the difference in sound quality is having years of experience with many brands of great headphones. I've only tried a handful of great headphones in my life. I did a stint at a recording studio and AKG was our standard, don't remember the model.

True enough deejay

Here is the amazon page for T N B zip ties

Here is a 100 pack http://www.amazon.com/Thomas-Betts-TY526MX-Cable-Tie/dp/B001DEHV36/ref=sr_1_1?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1317017956&sr=1-1

Only $10 so not bad. Especially if you have amazon prime and get free 2-day shipping :D

Here is the product info page - http://www.tnb.com/ps/fulltilt/index.cgi?part=TY526MX

Dee Jay said:
auraslip said:
Not that anyone with out hours(years of hours) of experience, mixing could tell the difference.
hhmm, had to think about that one...In my experience years of clubbing, DJing and studio recording does not help you hear better quality, they only degrade your hearing. But so does using shitty headphones like the Beat. If you're a well rounded DJ/producer/recording engineer then it's much better to degrade your hearing using GOOD HEADPHONES, :lol: ! That way, your ears will demand only quality equipment.

But if you're not a well rounded audiophile and only listen to boomy rap and hip-hop 24/7/365, still.. don't get shitty Beat headphones, get inexpensive shitty headphones :lol: . Anything's gotta be better than Beats. :lol: ! I shake my head when I think how bad my nephews got ripped off..

I think the best way to tell the difference in sound quality is having years of experience with many brands of great headphones. I've only tried a handful of great headphones in my life. I did a stint at a recording studio and AKG was our standard, don't remember the model.

AKG K140's and K141's are pretty common in the recording/broadcast industry. I still have a very nice pair of K141 MK2's I bought for a song on ebay (under $120 IIRC). They are 56Ohm (rather than the more common 500Ohm in broadcast) so better on PC's and desks designed for low impedence cans.

Agree about destroying your hearing with DJing/sound recording - mine is stuffed now. Can still hear what should (and shouldn't) be there in a mix though.

Got mine. Love amazon prime :)

Also got a rainbow electrical tape pack for $10. Taste the electrons.

Metal important part. I guess it'll be easeier to reuse these?
Interesting texture. More resolution so you can get it tighter they claim.

These are not reusable once locked, the reusable ones are usually the cheaper stuff. These are the ones I prefer, the metal locking mechanism does not let go like the cheaper stuff and the nylon material does not get brittle over time. You can string them along to get a longer strap and the locking mechanism is stainless. Use a tie wrap gun for best results. It pulls it tight then cuts off the ends, but I usually take cutters to get it flush, leaving just a little to be sure.

auraslip said:
Got mine. Love amazon prime :)

Also got a rainbow electrical tape pack for $10. Taste the electrons.

Metal important part. I guess it'll be easeier to reuse these?
Interesting texture. More resolution so you can get it tighter they claim.

yea i was gonna say T&B is what i use....get em from work where we order Industrial grade stuff...

but you really wanna hold something?

995b693aede2c17bfd6d6f1b60a3.jpg

+

2355.jpg

=

14014_116_1.jpg

course, when not fixing planes its also great for just securing stuff....

Back