CA, Baserunner, SX1 setup causes audio static on a Maxon 49mHz two-way radio

ampflp

10 mW
This is a safety issue for us as we communicate with the Maxon two-way 49mHz radio while crossing streets and generally if there are hazards. I've used a Dillinger system for several years with no difficulty, and am trying to upgrade to a Baserunner (Cycle Analyst, SX1 motor). It's all working exactly as it should, except that when I get over about 30 watts on the controller, the radio exhibits constant static which cuts off any other communication on the radio.
We've tried grounding the Baserunner, wrapping the radio with copper foil, connecting the negative power connector to the bike frame and the copper foil around the radio to no avail. Does anyone have any suggestions on what could be causing this problem and what we could do about it? Thanks.

This is a safety issue for us as we communicate with the Maxon two-way 49mHz radio while crossing streets and generally if there are hazards. I've used a Dillinger system for several years with no difficulty, and am trying to upgrade to a Baserunner (Cycle Analyst, SX1 motor). It's all working exactly as it should, except that when I get over about 30 watts on the controller, the radio exhibits constant static which cuts off any other communication on the radio.
We've tried grounding the Baserunner, wrapping the radio with copper foil, connecting the negative power connector to the bike frame and the copper foil around the radio to no avail. Does anyone have any suggestions on what could be causing this problem and what we could do about it? Thanks.
Do contact Grin. I don't know much about the standards, but they should.

Back