Ca3 dps in legacy mode limit problems

Djhandz said:
...I went with case 2
And yes it works the ca is now overriding the operator throttle. Nice
Okay - Good News!
It's unclear how that controller is wired, but your handiwork will now let you do either normal or legacy mode as you originally expected.

Djhandz said:
So how does this mode work?
I am getting surging when it limits it's like a on off on off there is no inbetween is this normal ? I had a little mess with the wgain but didn't really notice a big difference

Can I set it so for instance 250watt and receive that at the wheel constantly instead off this on off thingie Can it be smoothed out?
Yep - regardless of normal or legacy mode, you should be able to get smooth operation when things are adjusted properly. Most moderately powered bikes work out of the box, but more powerful bikes need some tweaking. So - you need to adjust the gains so there is no surging.

You want to look at the Guide on page 28 to see how the Limit Flags work. Basically, while the bike is surging, you want to see which flag is going to uppercase - that tells you what limiting is in play. Then look in the page 28 table and start turning down the associated gain setting. It's best to start with the minimum number of things configured that could cause limiting, so set max speed and max watts to the highest settings and set only the max current. When that is behaving by adjusting AGain, you can add other maximums if you wish.

The temperature and voltage limiting should work fine without any gain adjustments.

More powerful bikes or bikes with big gearmotors like a Mac can really benefit from throttle ramping on getaway to prevent wheelies and soften the impact on gears and clutch - but that feature is only available in normal mode where the CA supplies the throttle.

Back