• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Charging LifePO4 help !

I bring the answer from Schachner...

Translated with Google : The right charger has the article number 23100. Schachner charger type 10 for the price of 115, - incl. + Shipping
The rated voltage is 36V and the end-of-charge voltage is 43.8V.

So, definitely I need a LFP 43.8 charger! The battery has stabilized at 40V. Hope for better when I'll get a LifePO4 charger.

Anoter answer from guys who sell pack's for this kind of batt... I asked them if is safe, by meaning no danger dfor a lifepo4 without BMS, as I wanted to bring an answer.

"Our LiFePo4 batteries are produced since 2009 and have an average lifespan of 6 years. Due to the design, it is unfortunately not possible to install a BMS. Of course it would be a bit better with the BMS for the lifetime, however, our cells are so carefully selected that there is no great drift apart. You do not have to worry about safety. There has never been an incident with the LiFePo4 batteries."

In other words, they agree that a LFP with BMS is much better...

I have to be careful when charging it. First, still ned a LIfePO4 charger 43.8V. After the charging with Li-Ion charger, the voltage has remain at ~40V and seems stable.

Still, some people claim that some BMS can rather damage a LFP pack. Perhaps, the chinese worst made ones.

Yep, run the battery pack until it is bad. It makes more money for the business because the packs don't last as long as a pack that has a bms. :roll:

Another route is to purchase a bench power supply. That way you can adjust it to 43.8v or 12v or what ever the range you need. I find my 60v 5a bench power supply to be very useful.

:D

e-beach said:
Yep, run the battery pack until it is bad. It makes more money for the business because the packs don't last as long as a pack that has a bms. :roll:

Another route is to purchase a bench power supply. That way you can adjust it to 43.8v or 12v or what ever the range you need. I find my 60v 5a bench power supply to be very useful.

:D

Thanks fo all good advices you gave me. I realy think for a bench power supply. I also have NiMH batteries of 36 and 24. For sure is the best way!

You see, is quite unexpected for an austrian brand to cheat people in such way, selling cheapest pack's for biggest price on market. From now, I only trust very old (15 year old) german things as Heinzmann hubs are and I still use them. I saw Schachner selling at overprice Xiongda and Tonghsheng hubs. To tell the truth, that's more like thievery.

Anyway, once again thank for the clue... a bench power supply is the best; Nailed!

Back