• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Cheap Crank motor bike

mikefish

100 W
i like a lot of things about this bike, but im way to scared that its a cheap china bike.

http://www.electricbikedistributor.com/R10_electric_bicycle.html

plus i don't know squat about a crank motor set-up.

what do you think about this bike? junk? or not bad?

it has a lot of the things I am looking for. full suspension, dual disk brakes, street tires, light weight battery (though im not sure, but i think its the dangerous type?)

not sure if i want to build my own, or be lazy, and get a pre-made bike. but this just happens to have almost everything im looking for.

just wondering if anyone has heard of this bike, or the company, and what you think.

thanks!

vanilla ice said:
#1 worry for me would be stripped gears..

thanks, great point

spinningmagnets said:
Ive seen a couple builds with a 90-degree drive using a cylindrical motor. Both were unhappy with the results. Just a thought...

well thats good enough for me!

thanks guys! looks like i better take more notes to figure out what stuff i need to make the bike i want

FWIW, 200 watts is still only 200 watts, even if you run it through the bikes gears. So it's not going to perform like a 600watt bmc. So even with the gears, hills will go slow, headwinds will bog you down, etc.

Back