Christmas sleigh trailer

hi all i know its early to talk about Christmas but i have been thinking about this for awhile as it will be my last Christmas here in Townsville as my family are moving to Tasmania in February 2011 and yes the sleigh will be coming with me.
i will be towing it behind my electric trike that i have built.
the trailer will be 1000mm long and 800mm wide and 25mm steel the wheels will be leftover jogging pram
the sleigh will be made of recycled 9 mm ply that i got from the timber yard my two kids will ride in it in a local parade on the 18Th September 2010.
will post photos soon as i can
mark

Cool idea Mark, are you going to dress up as Rudolph to ride the bike haha... My uncle lives in Tasmania
also, too cold for me with all my broke bones though haha...best of luck with the build :)

KiM

me as rudolph mmmmm :lol: maybe not but that gives me an idea :twisted: mmmmm the bigman :lol: my kids are going to dress up as elvs to ride in the sleigh. here is a photo of the work sofar
sleigh1.jpg

mark

hi Kim mate thats not a bad idea i got an old car CD player and some speakers i can use as for lights dont know yet i have a lot of Christmas lights from my display mmmmm will have to think about that and let you know
mark

hi Kim mate found some led lights at the shops that should do the job. the wheels are painted and ready for final mock up then paint.
here is a photo of my daughters sleigh mock up.

littletrikesleigh2.jpg

the other side

littletrikesleigh1.jpg

getting there at last mine is next
more soon
mark

hi all here is a small video of the test ride with the trailer for the sleigh on my electric trike

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxylX0gcpWc

watch & see what happens when i go up the drive way

more soon
mark

LoL...bit of a problem with your trailer hitch there Mark :p You can embedd video
directly in the forum too mate, theres a youtube button in the text editor, push that
and it places the youtube tags in your text box, you then simply copy everything after the
'=' sign in your youtube link in this case it would be hxylX0gcpWc placed between the youtube tags-->

[youtube]hxylX0gcpWc[/youtube]

So whats the go have you thought more about adding some tunes then Mark along with some chrissy lights?
your kids are going to be rapt when its all finished ;) Best of luck with the rest of the build buddy.

KiM

hi Kim mate yes i have found a car CD player to play Christmas carols with. it will be mounted under the sleigh so the kids can turn the volume up or down as for the lights i have got some led Christmas lights to put on the sleigh i am hopping to put some green and blue neons under the sleigh so it looks like it is floating on light.
i have some reindeer antlers to put on my trike and a small red nose for the front.
more soon
mark

hi all the sleigh has been sanded and ready for paint as well as the trailer. the trailer will be painter flat black as well as the floor the skies on the sleigh will be gloss black and as for where the fat man sits ( not me ) will be painted gloss red.
we are going to cover the seat with foam and red velvet, the CD player will be mounted well i am not shore where i am going to mount it yet will have to wait till the sleigh is done then find a place for it.
more soon
mark

hi all here is a photo of the sleigh its done except for the paint i have a house inspection on this week so the paint has been put on hold till next weekend.

done.jpg

and from the back

back.jpg

more soon
mark

hi all got some freebies got some red paint and a foam mattress for my seat hopping to paint Sunday the 17th November fingers crossed i can get a coat of paint on it then.
more soon
mark

hi all its done its done finily got it ready for the parade this month november 2010 here is the video

http://www.youtube.com/user/choppersrule1?feature=mhum#p/a/u/1/IJjuxyJeKg4

my kids love it and loved the test ride more soon
mark

hi spinningmaganets i like the barrel train mite even have ago at building one of them one day.
thanks Kim yes i have a few ideas on some more trailers and will post them as soon as i get settled into our new house in February 2011
hows your projects going
mark

choppersrule2 said:
thanks Kim yes i have a few ideas on some more trailers and will post them as soon as i get settled into our new house in February 2011
hows your projects going
mark

Good luck with the move used to hate moving house...

You can follow the progress of my latest build here Mark
tiz coming along well thus far just bought the seat, shocks and linear actuator for the stabilizer.

KiM

hi all i will post a video of the Christmas parade here when we go on it i also have about 240 led Christmas lights to go on the sleighs and will post a photo of them when i get the lights on the sleighs
more soon
mark

hi allhere is the first test video of my and my daughters sleigh ready to go on the parade.

my daughters first

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGJIihIjqFQ

this one is mine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJjuxyJeKg4&feature=related

i will be putting the lights on the sleighs this week end then i will post a video of them more soon
mark

i am with you on that one mate 2000 wats would be good :twisted: LOL the takeoff is a bit slow because i get so much wheel spin bugger not to worries need more power need more power :lol: LOL.
more soon
mark

WOW what a parade we had a ball even in the middle of a thunder storm and heavy rain we went all the way the electric trikes never mist a beat they ran great, the rain never bothered them, i was a bit worried about them but no it was great
i will upload the parade video soon almost finished putting it together more soon
mark

hi all here is the video of the parade

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6w3LlXiZBgc

please let me know what you all think
mark

That's an awesome downpour! Great project!

Back