Custom 140XL X5404 CruiseMeister

The batteries have not arrived yet. I bolted in the battery box today, it will hold 10 x 6s 8a/h 30c li-poly's wired in 30s 2p for about 125v and 16 a/h off the charger.IMG_0952.JPGIMG_0963.JPGIMG_0944.JPGIMG_0954.JPGOther parts added today 160mm dual crown manitou forks, 24 fet lyen controller, nukeproof 20mm hub front wheel with a 9" hayes rotor and shimano saint hydraulics, 2 schwalbe big apples with maxxis downhill tubes.

Philistine said:
when the zombie acolypse comes at least you will be dragging away from them in style.
:lol: That's pretty funny.
You're in the wrong job Phil, have you considered becoming a comedian, it worked for Sean Micallef you know.......

Matt

Wasn't happy with the angle of the seat post, would've been a mono machine. Modified it today.
The original plan was to fit ten of the li-po batteries into the main box, but something , somehow, went wrong (only 9 fit) and it didn't quite work out so I had to build another box for the one 6s battery, didn't like where it was mounted , so moved it to the only other place really, I think it looks better up there. This is just a "mock up" so it should be flatter agaist the frame when properly fitted....zombie escape plan (4).JPGzombie escape plan.JPGzombie escape plan (3).JPGGot the last 2 8a/h 6s 30c zippys from the Aussie warehouse, and now waiting on the other 8 to come from the "international warehouse" (read China)..... And there seems to be a bit of a wait/backlog at the moment :cry:

Have also mounted the v3 cycle analyst today.. woot.

Need to find a good headlight for this beast .... any idea's guy's .

Hi everyone, finally the last 8 batteries have arrived. Thought they gave me 5 cell batteries at first until i counted how many cells, there is a significant difference between Aus warehouse and China. Not sure if its due to lithium technology advancing or im being ripped off amp hour wise. took a pic for ya.

The 1 on left is from the chinese warehouse.The 1 on right is from aus warehose.BATTERY 1.JPGBATTERY 2.JPGAs you can see there is around 5mm difference in width.

Been pretty busy on bike last couple months, took some pics today, now everyting is here its time to start wiring up this weapon.side pic.JPG parts added since last post include headlight, tail light, mirrors, offset fork clampsfront pic.JPGView attachment 1 Wasn't happy with the original manitou fork clamps with no offset due to the front wheel being too close to the frame and pedals so decided to put the original offset fork clamps back on and shorten cranks by 18mm. The only problem was the original stanchion is 38mm diameter and manitou stanchions are 32mm diameter. I decided to get some shims watercut from 16mm thick stainlesss offset to suit width.
It was $88 to get the 4 shims cut ...... but worth it. They work like a gem.

Hi all,
after a couple of long days wiring up batteries and everything else i got a nasty surprise.
Whilst connecting last of batteries. I got fried by accidentally touching 2 wrong wires which released the full 125v/480amps into my hands for a sec. This can happen when you are a total newb at electrical wiring.
Truly KFFed, her are a couple off pics.kff1.JPGkff2.JPGluckily didnt damage batteries only covered in black soot.toasted.JPG

Please help? I got back wheel spining today going great :D but when i plugged in v3 ca the wheel spins very slowly,i think it may have something to do with the throttle settings in ca.
I have a std chinese hall sensor throttle, not sure what to do.

It is probably that your Rshunt is not adjusted/set in the CA. Go into advanced settings, and look for Rshunt. What sort of controller do you have? If it is a Lyen 12 Fet that is around 2.6 mohms I think (roughly). Otherwise check the max amps and the max speed settings.

Cheers, Phil.

Brettster said:
... when i plugged in v3 ca the wheel spins very slowly,i think it may have something to do with the throttle settings in ca.
You may be correct about the throttle settings - the V3 has a number of additional settings not available in the previous V2.x version to get the controller and throttle voltages accurately matched. This post details setup steps that should help get your basic Setup configuration squared away.

There is an index at the end to other posts that may help out with other specific questions...

Thanks for your help teklecktic, My CA3-DPS has v3B17 firmware. I have connected the throttle to a 24 mosfet Lyen controller. I used #1) Swap pins around option to use the CA-V3 device as my new throttle.This got the bike going but it is jerky on take off, cuts out half throttle, not sure full throttle, my ca set up is as follows.{Can i get some help to get my throttle smooth}
1.Setup Calibrtion
1.Cal -> Range
{ [Lo (W)]
2.Cal -> RShunt
[1.000] mOhm
3.Cal -> V Scale
[31.05] V/V
4.Cal -> Zero Amps
(Press/Hold to normalize the currently detected Amp reading to 0.0) 25.2v - 2.46v

2.Setup Spdometer
1.Spd -> Units
{ | [km] }
2.Spd -> Wheel
[2115] mm
3.Spd -> #Poles
[1]
4.Spd ->TotDist
[1] km

3.Setup Speed Lims
1.SLim -> Max Speed
[99.0] kph
2.SLim -> Start Speed
[0.0] kph
3.SLim -> IntSGain
[200] Gain
4.SLim -> PSGain
[.59] V/kph
5.SLim -> DSGain
[2] Gain

4.Setup Power Lims
1.Plim -> Max Current
[49.0] Amps
2.Plim -> AGain
[150] Gain
3.Plim -> Max Power
[9900] Watts
4.Plim -> W Gain
[50] Gain

5.Setup Throt In ........ Live Data = < 3.95V >
1.ThrI -> Cntrl Mode
{ [ | Current |
2.ThrI -> Min Input
[.99] Volts
3.ThrI -> Max Input
[4.50] Volts
4.ThrI -> Fault Volt
[4.49] Volts

6.Setup Throt Out
1.ThrO -> Output Mode
{ [Voltage]
(if ThrO->OutputMode = { Voltage }
1.ThrO -> Min Output
[.90] Volts
2.ThrO -> Max Output
[3.74] Volts

2.ThrO -> Up Ramp
[500]
3.ThrO -> Down Ramp
[500]
4.ThrO -> KV Comp.
[.95] V/kph

7.Setup RPM Sensor ........ Live Data = < Rev Hi >
1.RPM -> PAS Poles
[08]
2.RPM -> Dir Plrty
5v={ [Fwd] | Rev }
3.RPM -> Quadrtr
{ Disabled |
4.RPM -> Strt Delay
[40] x 18ms
5.RPM -> Stop Delay
[25] x 18ms

8.Setup Trq Sensor ........ Live Data = < 4.46V >
1.Trq -> Trq Scale
[-200.0] Nm/V
2.Trq -> Trq Offset
{2.49V 4.46}
(Press/Hold to update eeprom offset voltage on left with current voltage on right - similar to Zero Amps)

9.Setup Cntrl Mode
1.Ctrl -> PAS Mode
{ [PAS Off] |
2.Ctrl -> Assist Level
[500] mA/Nm
3.Ctrl -> Aux Funct
{ [Off] |
4.Ctrl -> Min Aux In
[.99] Volts
5.Ctrl -> Max Aux In
[3.99] Volts

10.Setup Temp Sensr
1.Temp -> Sensor ........ Live Data = < 4.98V 0.0o >
{ [Disabled] |
(If Temp->Sensor = { Linear Type }
1.Temp -> 0 Deg
[.99] Volts
2.Temp -> TScale
100.0 Deg/V
)

2.Temp -> Thrsh Temp
[90] oC
3.Temp -> Max Temp
[130] oC

11.Setup Battery
1.Batt -> A or B
{ [A]
(if Batt->AorB = { A }
1.Batt -> Chemistry
{ [ | LiPo |
2.Batt -> String#
[30] Cells
3.Batt -> Capacity
[16] Ah
4.Batt -> Vlt Cutoff
[108.0] Volts
5.Batt -> V Gain
[800] Gain
6.Batt -> TotCyc
[0] Cyc
7.Batt -> TotAhrs
[0] Ah
)

12.Setup Display
1.Disp -> Main Disp
{ [Watts] | Amps }
2.Disp -> Averaging
[5] Duration
3.Disp -> RS232
{ [1] | 5 } Hz
4.Disp -> Vshutdown
[10.0] Volts
5.Disp -> Stop Scrns
[11111111111]
(Binary digits select display of 11 screens starting with Main)
6.Disp -> Movn Scrns
[11111111011]
(Binary digits select display of 11 screens starting with Main)

Thanks Brettster.

Brettster said:
Thanks for your help teklecktic, My CA3-DPS has v3B17 firmware.

5.Setup Throt In ........ Live Data = < 3.95V >
1.ThrI -> Cntrl Mode
{ [ | Current |
2.ThrI -> Min Input
[.99] Volts
3.ThrI -> Max Input
[4.50] Volts
4.ThrI -> Fault Volt
[4.49] Volts
Glad to see you are running, however, you need to flash to V3B19 ASAP. This was called out as a required step early in the setup instructions in the post above. There are many enhancements/bug fixes in the later firmware and it's not fruitful to try to use and address issues in the older code.

That said, from the settings, it doesn't look like you went through all the setup steps in the post. Please do this carefully, step by step. For instance, it appears ThrI->FaultVolt is not as recommended and is too low (see section 11.1.4).
4. Set Thrl->FaultVolt auto-shutdown feature for damaged throttle connection.
  1. Set Thrl->FaultVolt about half way between 4.99v and the actual measured ViMax e.g. for the example above (4.99+3.93)/2 ~= 4.5v.
In your case, this setting should be around (4.99+4.50)/2 = 4.75v.

Thanks again Teklektic. Changing the thru voltage to 4.75 has helped, I also had to up throttle in a bit aswell seems to be pretty smooth. :)
Does anyone have over 100v running a 24 fet Lyen controller have regen braking working ok.
Thanks Brettster.

Back