Custom 2wd thumb throttle

Wow! I like it. That should be a real mountain goat.
So do I understand that you control both motors via a single throttle? If so do you find the front wanting to spin out going up hills on loose gravel?
Any thoughts about protecting the controllers from road spray and mud?
Nice build and it's really making me want to put together a fatty for myself if I can just talk the wife into it. We currently have 4 ebikes and she thinks 2 would be enough.

Thanks man. Yep that's right- I'll go back and reword the previous post a little better then.

I bedlined the controllers and racks, and the connections are all glue heatshrunk and greased JSTs (except for single conductors which are 4 or 5.5mm bullets), and velcro'd to the racks. I'll silicone the wire entrance grommet on the controllers' sides, and already have two small drain holes in the bottom of each controller. Unless submerged in salty or dirty water, I don't expept rain snow or shine to ever be an issue?

Maybe not even hell or high water? :roll: I could probably go thru pretty deep water if it's clean.

I'm still searching for a situation that makes the front end spin out when in 2wd. . . . You can get it chirp and claw a tiny bit, but it's never tried to spin out, even in mud. Granted, my other bike is running 24s x 60 and 70a (about twice the wattage) thru a single 18fet controller. So theoretically this 12s setup should be capable of the same power when using 2wd (both controllers), but these 18fet controllers feel a little weak in comparison. Granted, the other bike is pretty powerful and torquey. . . but maybe I should solder these shunts? They're not programmable since they're only 30$ a piece. I guess it would also be more torquey if '26' inch fatbike tires were actually 26" like I assumed when planning this build. I already had the 12s battery though anyway.

. . . .
Another think I realized is that the same 15amp charger setup I use for my klein mantra takes twice as long to charge a 12s pack than a 24s pack, even though they're close to the same watthours. And you can't hit it with double amperage because it's already charging @ max recommend C-rate. Another benefit to high voltage I guess- faster charging.

Back